“Worst phone etiquette EVER!”
Review of Spartacus Restaurant - CLOSED

Spartacus Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Whoever answered the phone had no interest in answering our questions and even hung up on us...twice! I have never been treated with such a lack of courtesy and professionalism by any host or hostess. After my colleague was hung up on, I decided to call back and was met with the same nasty tone and curtness. Then, I too was hung up on. When I called back to speak with a manager, I was told I was "harassing her" for calling back. I told her I would hold for a manager, and that's when I was told that she was the manager (which was very suspicious since I doubt a manager that treats his/her customers like this would still be in business). When I asked for the names of the owners, she refused to give me their names, saying she didn't know what my problem was. It was so absurd and over-the-top that I actually tried to set my phone to record the conversation. When I asked her to repeat herself so that I could document some of her ridiculously rude comments (because I didn't think anyone would believe this was actually happening), she refused to speak. It left us shaking our heads in complete shock.

Despite our craving some delicious Greek food, this put a really bad taste in our mouths (pun intended). My colleague and I were so appalled at how we were treated over the phone that we couldn't bring ourselves to even entertain the idea of dining here.

To be fair to other staff members and most likely the real manager(s) and or owner(s), we've dined here before and the food has been excellent. Last month we had a very kind and personable waiter. However, this egregious lack of professionalism and civility was too much for us and we didn't want to risk having an equally horrific dine-in experience. I guess if you want good Greek food, but you don't care how you're greeted as a customer, you should dine here.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Found a coupon buy one/get one half off lunch buffet a few days ago, so we tried them out. We were impressed at the quality. The lunch crowd was solid here, a good indication in my opinion. The buffet could have a few more options, but what they do have is plenty to satisfy! There is plenty of seating and not all packed together. I felt we had plenty of personal space here. We would definitely come back!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Like the environment and quality of food. We ahve attended very well. This is the first timeI took the Greek food and it was the amazing exoerience. Only thing is that we felt very cold at that day it might be because of rain but otherwise it was the great experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I ate here with a colleague who is dairy-allergic. While I was happy to wade into the excellent Greek buffet (mussels, chicken, fish, gyros, salads - about 40 dishes in all), she decided to play it safe and order off the menu. The waitress went well out of her way to accommodate every need, advising of dishes that had butter, ensuring that no cheese was put in the salad and a million other things that made my head spin. My colleague was very impressed and the meal went without a hitch.
Some comments made by others : the music was modern Greek music - can't really complain about that in a Greek restaurant - and the belly dancer is there only on Friday evenings. If, like me, you like to sample the local beer in ethnic restaurants, you may like to know that they have Mythos Greek beer. It doesn't taste of much but they also have a decent range of domestic and import beers from the usual fizzy water through to Guinness so there's got to be something you'll like.
Our bill for her main, my buffet and 2 beers was under $50.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been driving by here for the past 5 years and this was my first visit. The decor is plain but clean, the background music left a little to be desired but conversation soon took over! The service was excellent, polite and friendly. The waiter listed the specials, took the drink order and returned for the dinner order. It is a Greek restaurant but there are plenty of entrees for the "non- lamb" lovers. My date had been previously and ordered the lamb special. I ordered a sirloin and asked for medium rare, thinking that would be the center temp. It was med rare at the ends so by the time I got to the middle it would be too rare for me so I was forced to return it for more cooking which almost always never works out. It is a fine line and I should have ordered medium to see how they cooked their steaks this time. Other than that, the food was excellent, hot and very tasty. The steak was also tasty, it was my error on the ordering.
I forced myself to dessert which was rice pudding ( just to be sure they were really a Greek Restaurant!!). Delicious, very subtle, not over done. The coffee was also great. My date was thrilled with the lamb special - where he was tempted to pick up the bone and gnaw on it! I will happily go back for another meal.