“seems really nice, but service is actually bad”
Review of Varsity Ale House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Athens, Greece
“seems really nice, but service is actually bad”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It looked like such a nice place, but the service was bad. The waiters were holding a conference about accepting national id's from other countries when me and my friend who are both 19 asked for cocktails. Then, they said they were making them into another bar and took 20 minutes to make them while we had to wait there standing up. Finally, the cocktails were not really that good, though they were nice-ish. However, it claims to be a bar, but we didn't even have time to finish our cocktails because at 11 on Saturday night they told us we had to go because they were closing!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CassiopeiaBlack

Durham, North Carolina
“What are they selling?”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I don't get the appeal of this place. Food is subpar. Service is iffy. Atmosphere is dated sports bar. Not a fan.

Daleville, Virginia
“After 15 minutes of no service...we left!”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My family and I were in the area to shop. We arrived in the area around 6pm on Easter. After checking into our hotel we decided we needed to eat dinner. After using our GPS to find something we came across this place. We entered and could see that they were not overly busy...which, at the time, we thought was great! The young girl working the front area was rude...could have cared less that she needed to seat someone...but she did. This was the first indication we needed to leave. We were seated beside a waitress station...we looked over our menu while we waited to be greeted by our server but did not pay much attention to the amount of time it was taking. After we picked out our meals we still had not been greeted. The manager walked by, 3 servers used the waitress station...my daughter looked the last girl in her face and she never said one thing! I timed it...after 15 minutes of being ignored...we got up and left.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Now called Junior's with...”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Now called Junior's with a new owner, this place is great for food and watching the game. Pizza is outstanding.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oh how I miss it so ....”
Reviewed March 22, 2008