“Good food and we had a good time”

Fishmonger's Seafood Market Crab & Oyster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is not a fancy place...the tablecloth is covered with brown paper...the portions are large..we split a steamer with shrimp, crab legs and oysters....it was good the service was fast and food came out fast.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

And that is the shrimp. With sauce and spice and butter. And so you can wipe your fingers off so you can hold your fork to eat the mac and cheese side. Leave room for key lime pie.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is not a fancy place with atmosphere. It's all about the food. All types of fish- broiled, steamed, fried, etc. You sit at long table and devour, as I did the mussels. Go for it.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Enjoyed the fresh fish, salads and that great NJ sweet iced tea. This is a casual place with lots of brews to choose from, in the Brightleaf area just down the road from fun shops

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I usually only write reviews when I go to a new place but I wanted to try and offset some of the negativity below.

I've been coming here for three years for lunch and I love it. I've never had an issue with service (if anything, the waiters are too friendly and at your table too much and too quick on refills but that's hardly a detraction). I usually get the steam pot but today I had a Softshell Crab sandwich and it was excellent. Everything I've had here food wise is.

That said, please remember you're going to something that Quint from Jaws would be at home in. Picnic tables, paper napkins, older building etc. etc. Expect good working man's seafood at a low price and you'll be happy.