“There's a reason for all the napkins on the table”

Fishmonger's Seafood Market Crab & Oyster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Aylmer, ON
“There's a reason for all the napkins on the table”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

And that is the shrimp. With sauce and spice and butter. And so you can wipe your fingers off so you can hold your fork to eat the mac and cheese side. Leave room for key lime pie.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Great seafood”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is not a fancy place with atmosphere. It's all about the food. All types of fish- broiled, steamed, fried, etc. You sit at long table and devour, as I did the mussels. Go for it.

Visited August 2013
Scotch Plains, NJ
“fun and casual”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Enjoyed the fresh fish, salads and that great NJ sweet iced tea. This is a casual place with lots of brews to choose from, in the Brightleaf area just down the road from fun shops

Visited August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“One of my favorite Durham Lunch Spots”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I usually only write reviews when I go to a new place but I wanted to try and offset some of the negativity below.

I've been coming here for three years for lunch and I love it. I've never had an issue with service (if anything, the waiters are too friendly and at your table too much and too quick on refills but that's hardly a detraction). I usually get the steam pot but today I had a Softshell Crab sandwich and it was excellent. Everything I've had here food wise is.

That said, please remember you're going to something that Quint from Jaws would be at home in. Picnic tables, paper napkins, older building etc. etc. Expect good working man's seafood at a low price and you'll be happy.

• Visited August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Always fresh”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have lived in Durham 25 years and eat out only once a week. Fishmongers is always where we go when we are in the mood for seafood. They have many choices - fried, grilled, steamed, and even selections for non-seafood folks. Nothing is frozen - always fresh from either NC or VA (oysters). Out of towners are impressed with the no-frills ambience and REAL down-home service. They also feature local beers from Durham's awesome entrepreneurs. You can't go wrong at Fishmongers!

• Visited July 2013
Gary B, Owner at Fishmonger's Seafood Market Crab & Oyster House, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks Mark we appreciate our regulars, you all make it worth while.Hard to understand why some people just do not get it. Gary Bass Owner