“Yummy Sunday (Homecoming Weekend) Brunch”

Fairview Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Fairview Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 771 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Science Drive
Description: The Fairview Dining Room has come to define Durham fine dining with its "regional neo-American" specialties and impeccable service. The Fairview's elegant ambiance only adds to the overall experience. Every meal at the AAA Four Diamond, Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star rated restaurant is executed with culinary mastery and meticulous attention to detail.
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Yummy Sunday (Homecoming Weekend) Brunch”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family gathered for Sunday morning brunch during Duke's Homecoming weekend last Sunday, and had a delightful meal. The service and food were excellent, and we really enjoyed the pianist. I had the shrimp & grits, wonderful!

The price of each entree on the menu included an appetizer from the menu plus the dessert bar. I had been looking forward to the buffet, which I'd been to several years ago, but this was excellent as well.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank dukefan86

Tucker, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for breakfast”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I travel to Durham to visit my daughter at Duke, and we always treat ourselves to the buffet breakfast at the Fairview. It is affordable and excellent. The staff is great,

Visited August 2012
Durham, NC
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

There's no other way to state it, the restaurant was amazing. It's like being in Chicago or Washington DC with the atmosphere and overall ambiance of the restaurant. I wore a collared shirt and almost felt as though I should have worn a tie. The dining room is large and beautifully decorated with a grand piano and a large amount of space between tables. The food was superb, wine list excellent, and service perfect. I would recommend the restaurant for any special occasion or anyone looking for a great meal while visiting Durham.

• Visited December 2011
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“They don't make them like this any more”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

In an age of flashy, loud, pricey restaurants where you can't hold a quiet conversation, the Fairview defies the trend. My husband and I love places where we can hold hands and talk over excellent steaks and exquisite desserts, and the Fairview delivers. Big time. The service is exactly right; not intrusive, but very attentive. The menu isn't enormous but the choices are broad enough to make vegetarians, seafood lovers and steak eaters happy. Our filets were done exactly to order and perfectly tender; I asked for light dressing on my Caesar salad and it was just-right light; the "s'mores" dessert was imaginative but true enough to the original campfire treat.
We will be going back. And back. And back.

• Visited August 2012
North Carolina
“Wonderful food and service!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have are regulars at the Fairview and have had breakfast, lunch, brunch, and many dinners at the Fairview -- the service is always accommodating without being chummy and the menu creative without being weird or super-trendy. The wine list is extensive and there's a wide selection of by-the-glass possibilities. I was very sorry to see my favorite Chicken Under a Brick leave the menu and hope they will reinstate it. The same with their tasting menu! The fish and seafood dishes are always a delight and steaks of the highest quality. Their early evening 3-course prix fixe is a bargain at $25.

• Visited May 2012