“Affordable, inexpensive and great food”
Review of Blue Corn Cafe

Blue Corn Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Corn Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Affordable, inexpensive and great food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

When looking for a place to have dinner with my vegan friends from out of town, I had found the Blue Corn Cafe online to be vegan friendly, therefore we decided to give it a try.

I must say that this was a wonderful choice as the food was wonderful, the atmosphere was quiet so that everyone in our large group could have pleasant conversation without having to yell across the table, and had a decent vegetarian/vegan menu.

If you're looking for a place with great food and options for vegetarians/non-vegetarians alike, this is a great place to try.

Durham, North Carolina
“Healthy, Inexpensive and Good Service Too”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stopped in here for lunch today and now I'm wondering why I'd never been before. The restaurant occupies a nice space though remember that with 9th Street parking can be difficult. The menu is big enough and they have some lunch specials. I had two tacos with chicken and rice and beans and that plus a soda was $11. The food they use is organic and tastes excellent. Only good things to say about this place.

• Visited June 2014
“Good, fresh and affordable”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It has been years since we've dined here and popped back in on a Sunday evening. It was very quiet, probably due to Duke University being out of session. All of our entrees were delicious and filling. I could tell they use fresh ingredients like actual black beans rather than canned. My daughter said the cheese on her quesadilla tasted very fresh as well. The sangria was delicious. We splurged and got sopapillas for dessert. It was more of a crispy flatbread than the fluffy sopapillas we've had at other places. Like most Latin American restaurants, prices were moderate as well. Portions were good, and we had plenty of leftovers.

• Visited June 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Cuban Fusion Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great little 9th Street cafe with a very good menu. Cuban dishes with an American twist. Very good food, very reasonably priced.

Visited January 2014
north carolina
“Best near-Cuban food we have had in this area.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have only been there once, my wife has been three or four times, This is a mash-up of our opinions. This is (to my knowledge) the only place around here that serves something that I consider close to Cuban food. The flavorings and combinations were very much like what we used to get in Ybor City.
Service was exceptional, always attentive but not intrusive not overly familiar. It never took more than 30 seconds from the time I thought I wanted something until it was on the table. Food was very good, I considered the price cheap for what we got, main course for both, today, was plantain pecadillo, total before tip $33 with an appetizer and coffee. It is small, unpretentious, in a corner of Durham that is a hot box of fine restaurants, close to the very fine Metro-8 steak house and Vin Rouge bistro.

• Visited March 2014