“Value priced combos at lunch.”
Review of El Rodeo

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife had a Speedy Gonazeles, taco, enchilada and beans. I had a chicken quesadilla with spinach and black beans. Everything was very tasty. We were in town for just the day, but would definitely return.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

When craving a salsa, chips and margarita, El Rodeo is the place to go! The never ending salsa and chips are perfect. A bit of hotness and a lot of flavor! The top shelf margarita was generous in ingredients and delicious! I had an enchilada and a chili relleno. Both were delicious and accompanied by very good rice and beans. This is not a fancy place, no real ambiance per se, but it quenched my tex mex craving and did not pain my wallet!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

good local Mexican. Avoid the cheese covered American stuff and get steak, shrimp al mojo de ajo, coctel de camaron, or some meat in a mexican sauce (colorado, adobado, etc.)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Just another average Mexican restaurant in Durham. The food is OK and the price is right.

1  Thank P-Dub56
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My partner and I had a long day at work so we decided to unwind in brighleaf square and chose El Rodeo for dinner. We sat outside on the patio - as it was a Wednesday night, there were a few people there but the inside of the restaurant was empty. To start off, the chips and salsa were decent (not too oily or salty), but the food was simply awful. We ordered the fajitas for two (chicken, beef and shrimp). The marination of the meat left it tasteless and the condiments with it were terrible (tasteless cheese, worse guac I've ever tasted). To make matters worse the service was slow and the waiters unattentive. We had to ask multiple times for things like a spoon, napkins, and sweet tea. The check took forever to get to us. All in all, awful place. Stay away. We would have been better off going to McDonalds.

Been to El Rodeo? Share your experiences!