“Delicious food....limited parking!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Oxford, North Carolina
“Delicious food....limited parking!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

A couple friends and I dined here on a busy Friday evening. The parking lot was completely full, so we had to ride around for a couple minutes to wait for a parking spot to become available. I drove us across the street as there are several shops. Signs are posted: "If you park here and walk across the street, you WILL BE TOWED!" After a parking spot became available, practically at the front door, we walked inside The Q Shack. One of my friends noticed another sign on the door stating the same regarding parking across the street...."someone may be watching you and your vehicle will be towed". At least people cannot say they weren't warned!
There aren't any wait staff at this restaurant as you walk up to a counter, place your order, tell them which two sides you want, and then pay the cashier. The cashier was the friendliest employee on the night my friends and I ate here. The guy who took our order could be a little more friendly and have better customer service, as he is mentioned again below.
Like another reviewer posted, this restaurant has a lot more to offer than pork barbeque. I had the chopped brisket which was delicious! My two sides were macaroni & cheese and jack cheese creamed spinach. The portions are very generous! Hush puppies and a couple slices of Texas toast also came with my meal! I decided not to eat all of the brisket as I wanted to take some home with me to make a sandwich, so I walked up to the counter to get a small bowl and a lid. The employee who was taking customer's orders was busy helping with take-out plates, so I stood there a while before he finally acknowledged me. After waiting a little while longer, he finally asked if he could help me. I said, "All I want is a small bowl with a lid." Due to a language barrier, I had to tell the guy again and point to the stack of bowls and lids on the shelf, like I did the first time.
Even though parking is limited, there is plenty room to dine, whether it's inside or outside. Picnic tables are available outside at the front and there are several on the side of the building under a covered area. I am looking forward to eating here again and trying something else!

• Visited August 2014

Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Good solid barbecue”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

No frills here. The dining room is not great. But, I always get takeout, so that doesn't matter. The food is very good. Lots more than just pork barbecue. The brisket is great, so is the turkey. The sides are fantastic - the jack cheese cream spinach is one of my faves.

Visited August 2014
“Yum-A-Dum-Dum”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This was a great BBQ joint. The portions were big and prices were great. I got the Q Cobb salad and my man friend got the pulled chicken sandwich. He said the bread was delish and we both loved the hush puppies. A yummy place to eat some good grub!

Burlington, North Carolina
“Great BBQ joint”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best places for BBQ in NC. The brisket is great, the mac & cheese is wonderful, and the BBQ sauce is really good. Parking is tight and the seating is limited for the business they do.....but if you are in the Durham area this is a must stop!

Visited August 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Awesome BBQ!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

WOW! There is something just a little different about this place that puts it over the top for me. I just ate there, and feel like I already want to go back, it's that good.

The rib sauce is excellent and so are the rib meat and pulled pork butt.
-Compared to what I would considered "standard" BBQ sauce, theirs has just a little extra heat too it. When combined with the ribs, I feel like it brings out an extra smoky flavor, as well, and makes for a really good combination.
-The meat was really tender, but also has just a little different taste to it, and I would categorize it as on the "saltier" side, but not overwhelming, which was really good. I felt like it brought out the meat taste, and usually that doesn't happen when combined with something as strong as BBQ sauce. I love equal parts!

I ordered 2 lbs of St. Louis ribs (~ a full rack,) and 2 lbs of pork butt (enough to feed 4 hungry adults.) I didn't try it, but my wife used the vinegar based sauce on her pulled pork, and really enjoyed it.

We also got a medium side of hush puppies, and a medium side of Mac n cheese which was plenty to feed 2 adults, and 2 toddlers, and still have some left over. My wife seemed to like the hush puppies a little more than normal, and I thought they were pretty good, and there were no complaints about the Mac n cheese.

All in all, so far, this is the place for me in the Triangle when it comes to BBQ.

• Visited August 2014