“Alot of Food for a Great Price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Original Q Shack

The Original Q Shack
Ranked #6 of 760 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Alot of Food for a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I use this restaurant to provide dinner for families in our parenting classes. There is always a TON of food and it is fresh. The bbq is awesome and the sweet tea can't be beat. Their cobbler is heavenly.

Visited May 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Best Brisket in NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Located down the street from some relatives of mine, I frequent this place often. Portions are large, all the sides (and I've tried them all) are awesome, I've tried every meat they've got...but the brisket is what I come here for. Best brisket in the whole state (and I'm a big bbq fan)...must try if your nearby!

Durham, North Carolina
“great brisket and fried okra”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Don't get the pulled pork unless you like a lot of spices/hot sauce (it's not the vinegar base sauce you expect in NC). The brisket, however, is very good. I especially like their fried okra. They sprinkle some sort of red powder on it (which I don't like) so we always ask for some with just salt. They have no problem making up a fresh batch just for me. It doesn't taste like it starts out as frozen okra.

Durham, NC
“Brisket to kill for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Q shack has great food all around but it's the brisket that I long for. It comes sliced or chopped. Since I prefer my meat sans sauce, I get the sliced brisket, hold the sauce. The sides are good to great. For example, I think the baked potato casserole is great. The only downside is that parking is scarce.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NCJudyG
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a casual barbecue restaurant with delicious food and very quick service. I had the pulled pork plate with 2 sides of creamed spinach and mac 'n cheese. Everything was delicious! My husband really enjoyed his ribs, though he said he prefers the full rack at The Pit due to taste and the size of the portion. They have outside and inside seating, and they serve beer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles