“Possibly the Best BBQ in Durham”

The Original Q Shack
Ranked #6 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Durham, NC
“Possibly the Best BBQ in Durham”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to a lot of bbq places in the Triangle. This place is still our favorite. No frills, friendly staff, affordable prices, and best of all, excellent bbq. I'd recommend everything on the menu - even the items I've never ordered, such as the smoked pulled chicken, i'm sure are just as good as my favorite dishes on the menu. As with most bbq places around these parts, the pulled pork is outstanding. The chili-rubbed beef brisket is moist and delicious. The cajun fries are an excellent addition to your meal. The hush puppies are some of the best I have ever had. The potato salad is also a favorite - and not just because they put bacon in it...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank pjromano

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great food, quick service, and lots of seating available. They have table inside and out, a large menu, and a great beer selection too. The only issue I can see arising would be parking, as I saw some people struggling to find a spot, but I got lucky so it was a non-issue for me. The locals may know what to do when the lot gets full too.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank PhillyOn2Wheels
Durham, North Carolina
“Good 'que, in town”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good, consistent bbq without having to travel to Kinston or Lexington. Brisket is their best bet, but everything is above average.

Visited October 2012
Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
“They go the Q right”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a great BBQ restaurant. Excellent portions at a very fair price. This brisket is perfect combined with slaw and their pickled cukes. Plenty of variety that will truly please anyone in your party. Do not miss this great Q.

• Visited November 2012
Raleigh/Durham
“The Q Rocks At The Q Shack!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Okay two days ago I had my first Q Shack meal. My wife ordered the pork sandwich and I had the pork plate...our sides were slaw and bbq beans...My what a wonderful meal that was. We looked at each other and asked "why have we not eaten here until now?" We have lived within 15 minutes of the Q Shack in Durham for years now and have never tried eaten there...Its a mystery to us...we have complained although that there is not a local Smithfields BBQ and we have made trips to Allens and Son's for the must have Q meal to remain sane. We ate there again tonight as The Q Shack is donating all of their profits from today's sales proceeds to NAMI Durham to promote mental health support following the nightmare school shooting in Newtown, CT. The place has been packed all day long. Dan and his crew did an awesome job moving the people through while the NAMI volunteers handed out information to those that asked. Wow community, community, community and the most ever best BBQ to boot! Tonight I had the brisket and could hardly eat all the delicious tender meat....this place gets it connecting with both food and by their investment in the communtiy! Don't miss out on the Q Shack! Gotta try the ribs next visit!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mercedespooldude

Been to The Original Q Shack? Share your experiences!