“Always busy - good fried seafood”

Louie & Charlie's Grille & Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Durham, North Carolina
“Always busy - good fried seafood”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

There is always a line to get a seat at Kemps. After it moved to a big restaurant from the Farmers Market, it took off like a rocket. Fresh fish and seafood, perfectly cooked, French fries ... you can get it broiled, but don't your arteries need a little more clogging??? Mmmmm.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Very good seafood dinner..”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was up in Durham visiting my mother so we decided to try Kemps. I am glad we dis. I had a platter with large shrimp, scallops and flounder.The platter was huge and I could not finish it. The shrimp and scallops were cooked perfect. The flounder was nothing special. My next trip I get the platter less the flounder. Our service was very good.I did think the price was a tad high..

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank GWoodall
Canton, Georgia
“A nice Seafood restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a popular restaurant in the Raleigh, NC area. They serve good food for a decent price. I know fried food is bad for you, but I go to Kemp to get my fried catfish fix a couple of times a year.

Visited September 2011
North Carolina
“Very Good Seafood”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Ate at Kemp's on Sunday at 6pm. We were so happy that there was no wait since we were starved. Started with an appetizer of the sweetest and most delicious crab legs. For dinner I had the Sea Scallops which were huge and delicious. I ordered the small platter which came with 10 jumbo scallops. My guest had the Captain's platter special which was piled high with various seafood samplings. If you are looking for seafood done other than fried, go somewhere else. This is Kemp's specialty and it is great. We spent $50 between the two of us and ate our leftovers for lunch and dinner on Monday. I'm from Washington, DC and have paid much more for seafood that wasn't nearly as good. No complaints here!

• Visited May 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Very good, but expensive!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

You can't find any better seafood in this area, but be warned that it's pricey. Also, be aware that they are now only open for dinner hours. About a year ago, they stopped offering lunch, so you'll have to wait until at least 5:00 to get your seafood fix.

• Visited April 2012