“Best food in Durham”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vin Rouge

Vin Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th St.
Description: Vin rouge is a French Bistro. We focus on classic preparations served in a true bistro atmosphere. We have beautiful patio and garden areas for those who prefer to dine outside. Please indicate your preference for dining inside or out. We look forward to serving you at Vin Rouge.
Durham, North Carolina
“Best food in Durham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Have been several times, for dinner and brunch. Best food in town to go with the best atmosphere. The special is always amazing. Had cassoulet one night and short ribs the other, both the best I've ever had. We like to sit at the bar and eat but if the weather is nice the outdoor patio is very special.

• Visited February 2012

New Orleans
“Excellent Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was my third visit to Vin Rouge for Sunday Brunch. We have never been disappointed. The meal was excellent. My french toast was perfect. My wife had Eggs Florentine, which she enjoyed very much. My children had a variety of other selections. No one was disappointed. I will return.

• Visited January 2012
Raleigh
“Authentic French Cuisine in the Bull City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Vin Rouge is a charming little spot off 9th Street. The interior reminds me of an old (French) farmhouse or bistro circa 1955. The service was good, considering how busy they were when I went. The food was simply amazing. I had the Hanger Steak with bleu cheese butter and a side of pomme frites. The best thing about French cooking is that they take something as simple as skirt steak and fries and turn into something incredible. Excellent wine selection. My dessert was the chocolate mousse. It was a bit too rich, but it was for sure delicious. Only drawback is that it is pricey. I recommend going during Restaurant Week.

• Visited May 2011
Chapel Hill NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Very knowledgeable staff, a wonderful chef, and nightly specials at very reasonable prices. What's not to like?? I go here at least once a month, which is more than any other local establishment

Portland, Connecticut
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

This was our favorite restaurant in Durham. The building is not going to wow you from the outside but once inside it is warm, romantic and comfortably casual. The food is modern French with a twist.

We started with a special which was rabbit sausage, it was amazing. I usually don't do rabbit, but after this one, Thumper had better be on the lookout!

I had the mussels with frites and they were perfect. The steaks that the guys had were also perfect. Service was spot on. it was a busy Friday night and we were always taken care of.

Save room for dessert, it is awesome. This is certainly a restaurant I would frequent regualry if I lived in the area.

• Visited February 2011