“Amazing!”
Review of Cafe Parizade

Cafe Parizade
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Parizade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Parizade is Mediterranean inspired culinary creations. A vast open kitchen spans the length of the restaurant. Surreal art by Henryk Fantazos adorns the walls and ceiling. Parizade is truly the crowning jewel of Giorgios Hospitality Group. *Large parties, please call the restaurant at 919-286-9712*
Monterrey, México
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The place is a very small restaurant in a pretty green area. I was surprised with the great attitude that the restaurant staff showed. The menu is not very large and it doesn't really have many options for desert, however, everything I had was DELICIoUs. I recommend this place 100% , specially for couples or girls night out.

1 Thank GAM081783

Morrisville, North Carolina
“First time, won't be the last time!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I decided to take my husband to Parizade to celebrate his 31st birthday. Neither of us had been there before, and it seemed to have mostly positive reviews.
Our server was Daila and she was superb with excellent attention to detail. Every empty plate and used utensil was promptly cleared from our table. We never felt rushed, and she was able to answer all of our questions about the menu (and the bread and olive oil was delicious as we were making our selections).
We enjoyed sharing the wild mushroom and ramp soup and caprese salad for starters - both were great, and they divided the salad onto two separate plates which was nice. I chose the seafood risotto and he chose the duck breast for our entrees and both were outstanding. The food arrived quickly, piping hot, and beautifully presented.
When we reserved on Open Table I added a note that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. The hostess wished him a happy birthday as we entered, and after dinner they presented him with a complementary strawberries and cream plate dusted with cocoa powder and cinnamon and finished with a sparkler. Daila even sprinkled birthday confetti around our table. What a nice touch! We shared the to die for vanilla bean crème brulee to finish off a wonderful meal.
The only negative thing I can say is that it was quite empty, although we did go on a Tuesday night. But it did make for a quieter, more intimate setting with more personal attention from the wait staff, which was nice.

• Visited July 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“my first bad experience at this restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Cafe Parizade has always been one of my favorite restaurants in Durham although I had not been there for quite some time. But I do know it has become very pricy for their dinner menu. I was surprised to find Living Social coupons for there 4-course summer tasting menu so my wife and I went Saturday evening for a special occasion. At 7:30 PM the place was half full, we decided to sit outside in the courtyard area because the restaurant usually is quit noisy. The tables outside were not setup for service. The server who we liked, did not notice that our table had no napkins or utensils when he brought out the bread. A bottle of olive oil sat on the table but no dish to pour the oil into for dipping the bread. Parizade has excellent bread but our basket seemed to be made up of small pieces from the very ends of the loaves with a great deal of crust. The refill of the bread basket was the same and it seemed obvious that we were being given the scraps. We ordered from the special tasting menu and were served the first course. My wife had the Linguini Puttanesca for her appetizer and it was quite good. I ordered the grilled squid in garlic vinaigrette and they were the classical rubber bands with very little seasoning and again no salt and pepper shakers on the table. We both selected our salads and they were good. For the main course my wife had the fettuccini with oyster mushrooms and she liked it. I ordered the spanish paella and it was sub par. I had asked the waiter when ordering were they sourced the shrimp and he assured me they they were NC wild shrimp, but the shrimp appeared to be farmed shrimp with no flavor. The sausage in the dish tasted identical to Oscar Mayer Wieners and clearly were of low quality. The dish was as well under seasoned and the fish overcooked. We both ordered the chocolate torte for desert, one to share and one to take home. I had always been impressed with their attention to detail but with this experience I will probably not be returning.

• Visited July 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I went her for our anniversary. It has a beautiful bar, inviting atmosphere, attentive staff, and lots of fresh offerings. If I had to choose a negative, it is far away from other things that downtown has to offer. For us it was perfect because we stayed at the Hilton next door.

• Visited April 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“I expected Better”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

While our waitress Michele was wonderful, I expected more from the kitchen.
The Beet Salad ($9) and the Caprese Salad ($9) had much too much vinegar on them. I had the duck ($26) and asked for the sauce on the side, which the staff failed to do. My husband enjoyed his Cioppino ($29). Neither of the hosts came to our table to ask how the food was. Wish I had a better review but I expected more from Cafe Parizade.
Close parking is limited so expect a walk. The music seemed loud and not what I expected during a quiet dinner.

• Visited June 2014