“Everyone else liked the food more than I did; very noisy”
Review of Cafe Parizade

Cafe Parizade
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Parizade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Parizade is Mediterranean inspired culinary creations. A vast open kitchen spans the length of the restaurant. Surreal art by Henryk Fantazos adorns the walls and ceiling. Parizade is truly the crowning jewel of Giorgios Hospitality Group. *Large parties, please call the restaurant at 919-286-9712*
Bloomington, Indiana
“Everyone else liked the food more than I did; very noisy”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

By all accounts, this is one of the top restaurants in Durham. To me it was above average but not great. I found the dishes way over-spiced -- for example, so much vinegar on an eggplant dish that I couldn't taste the eggplant, and a fiery-hot sausage in the paella that killed the taste buds so I couldn't taste the more delicate flavors of the clams and squid. Some ingredients seems sub-standard for a restaurant of this class, for example, the smoked sausage in the paella (not the same as the hot sausage) tasted like ordinary supermarket sausage. I am normally a big fan of well-spiced dishes, but these seemed overdone to no purpose other than to startle the diner. The wait staff was efficient and friendly, although we had to wait 20 minutes for a table, even with a reservation. The menu is more Mediterranean than Greek, with plenty of Italian and Spanish dishes. Note that there is not adequate parking at the restaurant, which is in a corner of a shopping mall with fewer spaces than tables, but we found a parking place about a block away. There is no sound absorbing material in the restaurant, which is sleek and modern (and gorgeous), so it was very noisy.

• Visited August 2012

“Terrific fish and steaks”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We met some friends here for our first visit based on their recommendation and past experience. The wine list and service were great, and our steaks and fish of the day were excellent. They made quite the production of filleting our fish table side, which was done with impressive skill and showmanship. We also had tasty salads and a wonderful chocolate torte dessert with cappuccinos. The ambiance is swanky and the music is upbeat. The restaurant wasn't busy and we had no trouble getting in or out. Parking is limited, so plan to park around the corner. Overall, we really enjoyed it and would go back again anytime. Oh, one nice touch - the waitstaff and kitchen singing happy birthday in the kitchen to one of their own. This made the place seem cozy and friendly.

• Visited July 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top of the Class”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Cafe Parizade has stayed the test of time for remaining in the Top 10 restaurants for over 20 plus years! It is a beautiful restaurant, 1st rate staff from the waiters, managers, cooks and especially the Chefs! The dishes explode with unique flavor whether it is a salad, appetizer, entree or dessert. Their seafood is very fresh, along with the poultry, beef and pasta dishes that are also extremely tasty. I have been a customer since the early 90s..and I (we) have never had a bad experience. They have a great drinks/bar menu and a wonderful wine list. Please don't let the couple of negative reviews (too expensive) steer you away from Parizade, it is as reasonable as you want it to be.. or you can be extravagant if you want to! Some of best dishes to try are: Parizade Salad, Beet Salad, Mussels, Calamari, WHOLE FISH!!, Stuffed Chicken, ANY Pasta dish and for dessert the Banana Neopolitan (sp) it is to die for!! Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Greek food on the menu”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Good food. Decent prices. Can serve large groups. The wait staff is great and fast. Nice atmosphere in the place. I would return even though I am not a great fan of Greek food. I can find things on the menu that I like.

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Menu”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had dinner at Parizade while attending business in Durham recently and was pleasantly surprised at the menu selection that was offered to our group. Not only were all the dishes presented well, but the portion sizes were excellent and the food was incredibly good. I had a seafood risotto that was quite literally "packed" with seafood from giant scallops to lobster and shrimp. Other selections were Lamb, duck, and beef tenderloin which everyone seemed to enjoy immensely. Service was brisk and intelligent and suggestions were offered freely. I would certainly recommend to anyone.

Visited June 2012