“Service”

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #8 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service was so slow the first time we just left after almost 1 hour. We tried it a second time and the service was almost as bad. They forgot to place our order. Then they served to the wrong table and then they ask if we would wait until they got it correct. Once again we had to leave with no food. We will never go back again.

• Visited October 2013

durham
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Avoid Saturday and Sunday mornings-huge crowds. Waiting for a table can not too bad if sitting outside on a nice weekend morning, enjoying the NC weather.

• Visited June 2013
NC
“Interesting, good service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Elmo's has an interesting menu--a diner that serves hummus and enchiladas in addition to more traditional fare. The service was friendly and great. Food was just okay. I really liked the homemade salsa, but the chicken enchilada left a lot to be desired. It was stuffed with mostly dark meat chicken dry--no sauce. My husband had turkey burger and enjoyed it and the old time crinkle cut ffries. Elmo's also serves wine and beer.

• Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I ordered the open faced turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. The turkey was the only edible food on the plate. The two pieces of toast the turkey was on could not be cut with the knife supplied, the mashed potatoes were overly whipped and were gluey and watery, rather than creamy. The gravy over both the turkey and potatoes was glutinous and tasteless. My side order was the broccoli casserole which I found to be over cooked,all the flavors were muddled together. It had a peculiar musty flavor. Overall I found my food totally lacking in seasoning and taste. The dessert of hot fudge sauce and ice cream over a chocolate brownie was also disappointing. The brownie when touched with a spoon responded in a curious sand like cascade which is difficult to describe. It was totally dry in my mouth,almost felt as if there was no oil in the brownie.
I will not be back !

• Visited February 2014
Naples, Florida
“A treasure in the West End”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great diner with an variable selection of delicious items on the menu. We thoroughly enjoyed two of the specials, shrimp and grits and southwestern grits.
The atmosphere is delightful and the service is great! It's obviously a very popular, well known place, and I highly recommend it!

• Visited January 2014

Been to Elmo's Diner? Share your experiences!