“Could be what we ordered”
Review of Elmo's Diner

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #7 of 771 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia
“Could be what we ordered”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Eating local can work sometime and sometime not. I ordered Chicken and Dumplings it turned out to be more of a chicken stew, not your traditional, this dish had carrots, celery, and peas. My husband ordered open face turkey, not enough gravy, turkey very dry. We ordered onion rings as an appetizer which was (in our opinion) the best part of the meal was brought out as the same time as the meal. The manager did comp the onion rings for this. I think I will stick to burgers and fries from now on.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mikeswife02

Boston, Massachusetts
“Super cute diner with good food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The diner was adorable, breakfast was super good, and the service was great. The food was also really well priced. I loved it!

• Visited August 2013
“Cute breakfast place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is cute and charming, diner like environment with diner like food. Adorable atmosphere and consistently good. Great breakfast/brunch

Visited August 2013
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Quality and quantity of food change from visit to visit. All of our party was done eating before arrival of the last plate with no apology from wait staff

• Visited May 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Consistently superb”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I don't know what it is, but the staff at elmo's is what one would expect to find a five star restaurant. Everyone there is so very helpful, kind and patient. They knock themselves out for the customer. The food is consistently great. Every visit to elmo's is a happy experience. I have lived in Durham for over 20 years, and I refer to elmo's as "my club. "

• Visited July 2013

Been to Elmo's Diner? Share your experiences!