“Nice Place to Eat”

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #8 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ceres, Virginia
“Nice Place to Eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

recently ate at Elmo's. Heard and saw advertising and wanted to check it out. Had grilled chicken and it was quite good. Wife had a burger and it was ample size and she said it tasted very good. Took a little longer than I expected so if you are on a limited time schedule you might want to reconsider.

Leland, North Carolina
“One Two punch: Quick service & quality food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped in on Thursday 7/18 around noon to sample Elmo's menu for lunch. I had been here once before for breakfast with friends who introduced us to Elmos. This is one great, funky litle neighborhood restaurant with a diner, retro style.

I had a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing for lunch. The portion was large but just right. The price was also just right!!!!

Highly recommended, will never come back. Parking is an experience in itself. You may have to wait for lunch because it gets crowded. I opted for the counter and got sitted immediatley.

“New favorite”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excellent service with friendly cheerful server. Very clean and very reasonably priced. My Chef Salad was huge and delicious. Usually when I order elsewhere it's a big bowl of lettuce with a sprinkling of cold cuts on top. This was loaded from top to bottom with quality cold cuts. I ate every bit and was stuffed -- a first for me with a salad.

My husband loved his burger as well. We'll be returning often and I'm looking forward to their breakfast which I've heard is also excellent

• Visited March 2013
“Great option for casual dining”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with 4 kids and 2 adults. We had a nice table, friendly service and fresh food. The kids got to do a coloring project.

Portland, Oregon
“solid”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Breakfast at Elmo's is a must every time I visit Durham. The staff are always very friendly. The menu has something for everyone (I recommend the southwestern grits). The servings tend to be large. the prices are very reasonable. Elmo's is a Durham institution.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Elmo's Diner? Share your experiences!