“Great food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nana's Restaurant

Nana's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nana's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 761 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Durham, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service and the food is spectacular. We have eaten here many times and love it. The service is always good and the food is always excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Johnny P

Nashville, Tennessee
“Reliably excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We just moved from Durham, but Nana's was truly our go-to place for excellent seafood. You can never go wrong with their halibut or snapper dishes. Their menu is creative and always changing. Definitely check out the risotto as a first course. It never fails to impress.
This is not a trendy restaurant. You don't go here to be "seen." But it has a classic style; the service and food never disappoint.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CNPhair
Henrico, NC
“Best Birthday present from my daughter & her hubby...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My daughter and her husband got my husband and me tickets to the Durham PAC for a Christmas/ Birthday present to see 'Book of Mormon' in February. To my surprise they also took us to dinner beforehand to Nana's, one of their personal favorites. I was delighted with everything about it.

Walking in, I was immediately drawn to the artwork adorning the walls. Colorful and modern, I wanted to study each one, but we were soon taken to our table where our attentive waiter was ready to discuss beverage choices and specials of the evening. (this WAS a theatre night and the staff was sympathetic to our time concerns). After ordering drinks, We decided to share appetizers - the lump crab salad and linguini carbonara. Delish! The servings were just enough for each of us to have a few bites and leave room for the fabulous main course. I had the grouper which was perfectly prepared and wonderful. I was so engrossed in my meal that I don't remember what others ordered. My portion was large enough that I couldn't finish it and took the remainder home for lunch the next day. It was as tasty as the first time. Of course I had dessert (It was my birthday after all) and I had the bread pudding. (wish I knew how to make it so tender) .
Throughout, the staff was helpful and attentive, making our dining experience wonderfully memorable.
Thanks Nana's for making my birthday even better!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Retiredtolkg
Durham, North Carolina
“Classy and reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Their fish meals are wonderful, the service is terrific and the location desirable. Parking is the only shortfall.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mojo708
Boston, Massachusetts
“THE Place for New Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My dad and I decided to go out to a special restaurant for New Year's Eve and there was no question about which restaurant we would go to. Nana's had a special menu for New Year's Eve that was a full five course meal. When the first appetizer came out and it was small, I was worried but one bite and I was sold. And thank goodness it was small because by the end of the entire meal I was completely full and loving the large array of food that we had. Each selection was savory and an excellent complement to the others. The desserts where an excellent selection to end the night off with. They had choices for the larger dishes and each one sounded so good, it was difficult to choose.

You need a reservation for New Years. They were completely full so I doubt if you can just show up and hope for a seat.

• Visited December 2013