“Dependable Fine Dining Tradition”
Review of Nana's Restaurant

Nana's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nana's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 771 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Dependable Fine Dining Tradition”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've never been disappointed with the food or service. Fine dining absolutely but not stiff or stuffy. Very warm and inviting. Beautiful local artwork fills the walls. Also a small, casual bar area where you can dine.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Anita H

Cary, North Carolina
“sExcellent Food but "Different"”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went to Nana's Restaurant with great anticipation for Valentine's Day because of the great reviews. When I looked at the menu I was disappointed. The menu is not for those who are basic "meat and potato" types or even "fish" types. Squash soup, poached eggs liver pate's, duck and the like are not our style. The only starter I could handle was a basic salad. My first reaction was to leave the restaurant and find a more traditional place to dine. After some study, I found a pork entrée I thought I would enjoy and my wife chose grouper. Staying was the right decision as our meals were perfectly prepared and delicious. It was as good as it gets and the prices were moderate.
My only advice might be to check the menu on-line to make sure the choices are something you think you will enjoy. We will definitely return to Nana's but the menu is not one I could handle on a regular basis.

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing Evening”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

For all of its high ratings, this was a disappointing and frustrating experience. After being seated we waited 30 minutes for service. Could not catch a waiter's attention and went back to hostess to request assistance. After apologies, waiter worked hard to serve us, and then the kitchen delivered only four of five entrees. Chef apologized for not starting the "special" and finally delivered as the other four entrees were finished. Three complimentary desserts for the delays, but no recognition of three birthdays that we'd called ahead to say we were celebrating.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Steve S
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Yummy!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food and service were excellent! Really enjoyed the variety on the wine menu...I tried something new on the recommendations of the server and it was outstanding!

Visited December 2012
Durham, NC
“My favorite restaurant in a foodie town”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'll make it easy: you give me an unlimited budget and tell me to pick the restaurant in Durham, and I will pick Nana's. Their menu always has a perfect blend of the familiar and adventurous. Their wine list is one of the best selected in the city (which is different from being the biggest), the staff are all pros and the bar is a great place to meet friends for a drink (that often leads to making a night of it with dinner).

Visited January 2013