“Excellent food”
Review of Nana's Restaurant

Nana's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nana's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The food is always excellent at Nana's! Waitstaff is top-notch, too. I wish they still accepted reservations at peak hours, but we've learned to just eat early or late. (I don't have the patience to wait around for a table on a Fri/Sat night.) Bring a sweater, they tend to keep it on the cool side.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was with a large group of people (12) for dinner. We all ordered from menus and even though the restaurant was packed. The food is just awesome and the staff was on their game. The food was absolutely fabulous. I could not have asked for a better meal. My only real complaint is that I can't seem to find any good local beers that I like in NC, not sure why, so I had to go with the wines and coors lite. Try the Sea scallops or Grouper. We wished we would have had more time to try the Nanas Tacos next door.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Celebrated a sibling's birthday at Nana's. It was superb. Varied wine list, very good service and the food sumptuous. We were made to feel special. Would highly recommend this for splurgers who are looking for something special in the Durham area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I hosted a business dinner for 7 recently on a Thursday. The place was busy, the service was very friendly and attentive, and my guests enjoyed the 5 course fixed price menu. The cost to add wine to accompany the dinner was very reasonable. We started with foie gras with a small serving of sauterne and they were perfect together. As we moved through our courses we had a small glass of each wine selected for that part of the meal. The wines and food were excellent; my only complaint is that the wine service was very meager, about the same amount as you would get in a tasting at a vineyard. I have never experienced a fixed price menu with wine where there were only a few sips in each glass. Nana's is a special place in Durham, I highly recommend it; consider ordering your wine by the bottle.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I did not expect the restaurant to be that good when I arrived there after driving on a narrow dark road. The interior decor is inviting and the layout gives you a sense of privacy. The menu has quite a few choices of creative and interesting dishes that all look tempting. I selected the tasting option that included five dishes and they were all excellent!