“Glad to have been back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nana's Restaurant

Nana's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nana's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 761 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Glad to have been back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had not been to Nana's in a few years and decided to go as a family last weekend. My husband and I are self proclaimed foodies and we were impressed with the new menu and the service was just right. Not fufu but friendly and courteous. Our daughter's ages 8 and 11 loved their dinners of Halibut and pork chops. My husband and I both had the tasting menu. It was delish. We will definitely be back for more.

Durham, North Carolina
“Great for a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Delicious food, great and service - but a little too fancy for anything other than a special occasion.

Seattle, Washington
“Still overrated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

It's been a while since we've visited Nana's, after our last experience, but I was nevertheless enthusiastic to give it another try. Colleagues had invited us, so I came with an open mind, hoping for the best. Bottom line - the food is still mediocre and the service snobbish, unfriendly and impatient. The risotto appetizer with generally flavorless and the snapper was over-cooked and a touch fishy. The chocolate torte was just okay. So, disappointing again. I'm not sure I'd go back, even with someone else picking up the bill.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Morpheus1041
North Carolina
“Where old meets new”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I can't believe this place has been here in Durham since 1992 and this was my first time to try it. Beautiful ambiance which can hide what going on in back(the kitchen) however this was not one of these places. The food, presentation, as well as atmosphere blended well. We were lucky to get a reservation for a "normal" slot...at six. My daughter and I had the steak, my wife had chicken. All was excellent. Even the bread they serve before dinner was excellent and homemade. The dessert we won't do again but everything else was excellent. I

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A terrific meal with dear friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place was worth the 45 minute drive for a really lovely meal with great food, service and wine. I can't fault anything we had from the variety of breads to the really fresh everything. The only glitch was an Open table reservation issue that showed us reserved for the next night, but we showed them the accurate email confirmation and they worked quickly to accommodate our party of 4. Would go back anytime.

• Visited May 2012