“can't wait to try their outdoor patio” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nana's Restaurant

Nana's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nana's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 760 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James St.
raleigh, NC
“can't wait to try their outdoor patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We went for a special occasion, and the whole experience did not disappoint. Locally sourced ingredients, fresh and well-executed. This was my second or third visit to Nana's, and the first time that I've managed to save room for dessert. This is hard because it is easy to find two or three things on the main menu that sound tempting. The desserts are excellent complements to the menu: bountiful, luscious, and not at all heavy handed.

The outdoor patio is still a work in progress, but it's shaping out to be a comfortable, bright, welcoming space.

• Visited June 2011

Durham
“What an amazing dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I really don't know where to begin, from the moment we got in til we got out it was nothing but exceptional. If you are looking for romance, business or just to relax this is the place. Food was amazing, I am a sucker for good service, so other places should take notice how it is done. It help that the food is as amazing, and the service excellent. If you are or want to impress someone this is the place to go.

• Visited March 2011
Durham, North Carolina
“It was OK, but for being the #5 ranked place in Durham, I expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

As the title of my review says, I expected it to be better. I found it average. I had the chicken pate' for a starter. It was pretty good. That was followed up with a venison dish. The venison was a touch dry, and served on a bed of spinach that was gritty (not washed properly). The entree' came with a sweet potato gallette (delicious). I had the creme brulee' for dessert. Again, just average.

Service - I was dining solo and I felt rushed. The entree' was brought out before I was finished with my starter. Other than that, the service was fine.

Very nice atmosphere with soft lighting and contemporary art.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Food and Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

We checked Tripadvisor for good restaurants while we were visiting Duke University in Durham, and Nana's turned out to be a real winner. The food was delicious and it had a warm, friendly, and trendy atmosphere. The waiter was very inattentive at first, but things got better as the evening progressed. We would definitely return to Nana's the next time we are in Durham.

• Visited April 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Food and Service!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

My enjoyed a great dinner before we went saw the Lion King at the Durham performing arts center. The service was great, from wine to bread to water, great knowledge of the food prep as well. The food is a variety. I had wild boar and my fiancee had venison. Great time! I would recommend this place to locals and tourist. Great find!

• Visited January 2011