“Perfect hotel in its category”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stated here for 3 nights last week. The hotel is brand new and everything is spotless. The hotel has a nice bar that is not loud and a convenient restaurant on site. Employees are very friendly. Parking is convenient and you can easily walk to Ninth Street.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Celestial-Mctown

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travel a fair amount for work. I always stay at Hilton properties. I love HG Inns for the bar and resturant. I was at your property for two nights and absolutely enjoyed the friendly customer service, atmosphere, music and conversation I had with Tangela during my stay.

The hotel was great. Room was great..! All staff were very friendly...

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business for 7 nights and on two separate visits and found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Tangela was great company while having a drink in the bar.

The chef needs a little extra training as twice I ordered items off the menu and the item I received did not match what was described. Tangela took care of it and I could not be upset as this is a new hotel. My hope is that the service and cleanliness stay at this level long after the newness wares off!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just stayed here for two days and everyone at the hotel was top notch. We checked in late at night and the two gentlemen at the front desk were friendly, fun and helpful. The next day we checked out the bar to watch the UNC vs Duke basketball game. Tangela, the bartender, provided superior service while also keeping us entertained.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Brand new property staffed by great help couldnt ask for more. Location is good walk to 9th street and Charlies bar and dinner at Metro 8 WOO HOO! Thisproperty gives you what you expect form a HGI highly reccomend trying it when your in the area

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had to share my experience, after being stranded in Durham during this week's snow storm. I was in town for work and found myself stranded at Duke with my coworkers. Though we were scheduled to check out the day of the snowstorm the Hilton Garden Inn was quick to extend our stay and did their best to keep us all in the same rooms (I think we had one changed room).

Because we were stranded at the hotel we had no choice but to eat at the hotel restaurant which was actually very good and provided great service despite only two members of the wait staff for the entire restaurant! Our waiter, the male who I wish I could remember his name (the other person was a woman), was polite and charming and seemed in great spirits despite being super busy! We also returned to the restaurant for breakfast where everything tasted great and we had the same amazing guy wait on us! He definitely went above and beyond as did the members of the front desk!

The rooms were spacious and clean, and I was able to get a pretty good night's sleep the entire time. The only thing I would change was the blankets...While they were super soft on the bottom side the top (where the designs were) was extremely itchy and uncomfortable. Maybe an option of just a plain duvet?

If i'm ever at Duke or know anyone who is I will definitely recommend this hotel!

1  Thank BJGoodman
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Three of my coworkers and myself recently stayed at this hotel due to inclement weather and our need to be at work. This hotel is tops in Durham for service, cleanliness and location. This is a new hotel so we did expect everything to be clean and orderly. The pleasant surprise was the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. Their maintenance guy was out cleaning the snow off of the parking lot and assisting motorist get on their way from before sun up and past sun down. The restaurant personnel was the most attentive to be found anywhere. The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. The front desk staff never seemed to be flustered or annoyed by all the many travelers that had suddenly bombarded them due to the massive snow and ice storm. I am sending a separate email directly to the hotel manager to let him know the exact names of employees that were absolutely top notch during the NC "state of emergency" weather situation. I would stay at this hotel anytime I have the opportunity.

1  Thank VTHokieNorthCarolina