“Maple Bacon Bourbon Yeast Donut”
Review of Monuts Donuts

Monuts Donuts
Ranked #20 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Maple Bacon Bourbon Yeast Donut”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Beats Krispy Kreme for tender yeast donuts, and these taste real, no slightly mysterious artificial aftertaste like commercial donuts.
Come for the Monuts stay for the Bagel Sandwiches and the hipster crowd. Even on a Friday morning there is a line out the door of mostly Duke students looking for a cure for last night's bar crawling. But the line moves quickly and it is well worth a bit of a wait

1 Thank Anita H

Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazilicious Donuts and Bagels!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I am new to Triangle area and Monuts came highly recommended, so I checked it out. I went around lunch time and i had the BELT Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato, with pimento spread and siracha mayo. I was expecting the average bagel but this was more like a homemade gourmet soft melt in your mouth bagel. It was so darn good I thought about ordering another one but I had donuts to eat. I had the lemon pistachio which had a nice tangy glazed sprinkled with pistachios and apple cider donut. They were soft, fresh and the lemon one was warm! It was almost food "O" in your mouth! I will say $2.00 for 1 donut is a little pricy but when you can back it up with freshness and flavor I can be bought!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tiffany T
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Great little breakfast nook”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nice little donut shop with hand made breakfast sandwiches. The coffee wasn't that great, but the "artisan" donuts were fantastic. If you're downtown Durham, you'll see that there are lots of places to grab some breakfast, but if you're looking for something a little different than usual stop on by. We had to wait for 30 minutes just to get into the building, so make sure you're willing to wait!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joehabby
Wilmington NC
“Donuts”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I love donuts and this place is one of the best I have ever visited. The browned-butter cinnamon bar melts in your mouth! Put your sugar jeans on and try this place

1 Thank cozsmith
Cary, North Carolina
“Not your usual donut shot”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great addition to the triangle donut scene. They make inventive tasting donuts. Unique combination of tastes. I have not found another innovative shop like this in our area.

In addition they make unbelievable bagels. If you like a good chew to your bagel, this is the place. If you want more than 4 to take home, you need to call the day before. We will be doing this the next time we drive up there from Cary.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Matt P

Been to Monuts Donuts? Share your experiences!