“Wonderful food and atmosphere and LOCAL!”

The Little Dipper Fondue on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Dipper Fondue on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been to many different melting pot restaurants and always enjoyed it but the little dipper is WAY better!!!! Great food, great drinks, great variety, great atmosphere. Especially great place for a romantic evening or a girls night out. A place where you can take your time and really enjoy yourself. We have only been once so far but we will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had been to Melting Pot several times but was really excited to try Little Dipper as they offered quite a different variety than the standard fondue offerings including local selections.

Lucked out by arriving on a Thursday where they have a "date" menu that includes drink pairings. My friend and I gladly enjoyed our date as all of the pairings were absolutely delightful but I think the Habanero Pale Ale that was paired with the cheese course was our fave.

Will definitely return when I need to splurge and treat myself.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have never tried fondue before. I loved it! This restaurant is right by the waterfront downtown Wilmington, NC. We walked along the water before dinner. So pretty. The food was excellent. Our waiter was very informative and pleasant. We had a wonderful time! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ambiance of Brighleaf and The Little Dipper itself makes the evening feel special. Everyone at the restaurant treated us like royalty. Ben helped make menus for our large group; service was 5+ on the 1-5 scale, food was excellent. This was my first experience with more than a cheese fondue at someone's house. There was a card with cooking times for us. We had two different pots for every course, except dessert, and they switched the pots so that everyone at the long table could experience all the choices. We had sparkling wine in served in flutes which made the whole experience a 5+. For a wonderful description and lots of photos go to (no relation to me in any way) http://trianglenc-restaurants.com/2014/01/little-dipper-durham-nc-first-fondue/

Reviewed March 23, 2014

What a great dinner! This restaurant is located in a darling part of Durham close to the Duke University campus. The food was very fresh. Many of it is locally sourced like the bread for dipping in the cheese sauce. Entrees come with a cheese fondue first course, then a salad, then the main dish. There are many options, both meat and vegetarian. We ordered the cheddar ale fondue which came with bread, fruit, and veggies. This was super yummy! Then we ordered the romaine salad and the spinach salad. Then we got the white merlot and vegetable broth with locally sourced beet ravioli, shrimp, chicken, and many dipping sauces. To top it off we ordered the absolutely sinful s'mores fondue dessert. Service was fantastic. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu.

1  Thank Shampeu