“Good cheap sushi”

Sansui Sushi Bar & Grill
Ranked #239 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's hard to find fresh and tasty sushi that doesn't break the bank, but Sansui manages to offer it. Wide selection of rolls, and they're all 50% off all the time too - which sounds like a gimmick, and it probably is, but I'm pretty sure the prices still end up slightly lower than what you'd probably pay anywhere else.

Anything with seared white tuna on it is just seriously good. There are also tons of unique rolls that include ingredients like apple and pineapple. My husband and I have frequented this place for years, so we've probably tried pretty much every roll they have, and we've never encountered one we didn't like (although of course some - like the ones with seared tuna! - were better than others). The vast variety of rolls also ensured we didn't ever get bored.

Everyone also gets a little complimentary appetizer - I think it's crabmeat and cucumber or something like that. I don't know why I love these things so much, but they totally work to whet my appetite every time.

It's also a classy enough place on the inside to be a nice dinner out. It always bewildered us that they didn't ever seem very busy, since it was probably our absolute favorite sit-down restaurant in Durham, but maybe it's because of their location - which admittedly doesn't look like much on the outside, but I promise, the sushi inside is superb!

There are newer reviews for Sansui Sushi Bar & Grill

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was cautiously optimistic based on the various reviews, and I was staying at the very nearby Doubletree Hotel so I gave it a try. To my delight the service was very friendly and prompt, and the sushi was very good. I'll go back next time I'm in the area.

Been to Sansui Sushi Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!