“Great lunch spot”
Review of Page Road Grill

Page Road Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Page Road Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Page Road Grill has an excellent food selection, especially for the varied palate of larger groups. They have inside and outside seating, a semi-private room, and well stocked bar. The service is very friendly and willing to please. The only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars was their lack of selection on the appetizer lunch menu.

1  Thank nctravelnut99

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Was here last week for a business dinner along with 5 others. Very loud place, so if you are looking to have an easy conversation, this is not the place for you. I couldn't hear the people on the other side of our table which is an indication.

This is a great place for brews. Everyone at our table were drinking the local suds and we all seemed very happy. We ordered the hush puppies which having now had a main course here, I should have made a meal of my hush puppies. They were outstanding. Not finding hush puppies on many menu's here in Florida, I always like to sample them when available and this did not disappoint!

I had a jambalaya dish that was very disappointing. Very small bits of sausage along with a way too soupy base made this a disappointment. But looking at what others had ordered, I wasn't turned on by any of the other dishes.

This place is popular. For a Wednesday night at 7, the place was packed. Not one table to be had, so I very well might be in the minority.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

It is one of a local chain of restaurants that are all different. Had supper there with a group of business friends on a Wed night. We had a fairly large group of 10 and had a private room with our own dedicated server who was very knowlegible and attentive. We had a number of appetizers for the table and all of them were pretty good. I had the shrimp creole and it was quite good. Almost everyone had something different and everybody was pleased with their selection. I would definitely eat there again and would like to go back with a small group to see what it is like in the main dining area.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

dined with a friend on a Saturday. We had reservations, spent >$50 and were served by under-trained wait staff. Overall the experience was a tad disappointing in that we were not offered bread, the salad entrees needed seasoning and the server visited out table no less than 15 times during the meal. the good news is that the crab cake was tasty and the venue was not too loud. I would not return there.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was staying at a nearby hotel after a concert in Durham and decided to have lunch here. I think many workers from RTP businesses lunch here and it was busy. I was early for my reservation and had to wait a few minutes to be seated but expected that. The setting is attractive and has several rooms. Enough choices on the menu to make decisions a bit difficult--salads, hamburgers with various toppings, sandwiches, larger dishes, soup, etc. I had a cup of the cauliflower cheese bisque and a hamburger with swiss cheese that also had red onion rings, pickles and lettuce. The hamburger comes with the restaurant's own baked potato chips (good) unless you pay extra for French fries or a salad. I was also tempted by the blt with fried green tomatoes or the short ribs or one of the special salads or a cheese steak sandwich. Prices are a bit high but I may lunch here again if I stay overnight at one of the RTP hotels.