“Another well-executed concept fro Chapel Hill Restaurant Group”
Review of Page Road Grill

Page Road Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Page Road Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 774 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Another well-executed concept fro Chapel Hill Restaurant Group”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Relaxed diner-style setting but with better quality food. Chapel Hill Restaurant Group seems to take a simple concept like seafood, pub food, Mexican and Italian and upgrade its food quality without coming across as stuffy or expensive. The fried oyster appetizer was plentiful and delicious. Overall food quality was very good, although I was hoping my shrimp burger had more of a seafoody taste. My wife said her shrimp and grits were very good. Server was very friendly but we saw less of her as the evening wore on (this was a Friday dinner service). Took us a while to get our bill. Will definitely consider coming back.

• Visited May 2013

Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“Excellent Nouvelle Southern”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Located on Page Road, off I-40, about halfway between Raleigh and Durham.

Ample parking.

The building is not very prepossessing - it looks like a recycled DMV office. The interior is nice, though Spartan.

Service a little slow - it took about 15 minutes before our waiter took our order, though we were out in about an hour.

We split the Fried Green Tomatoes - breaded, served with feta cheese and orange marmalade with a vinaigrette dressing.

I had the creole shrimp, and my companion had shrimp with risotto. The creole was very spicy - I enjoyed it but it may be too intense for some - with Andouille sausage bits, sweet corn, tomatoes, and rice. The risotto was milder and very tasty.

No doubt we'll be back

• Visited May 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great Steak, Everything Else Average”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Met a PRG for a business dinner and liked it immediately. Easy to find, easy parking and a nice ambiance. Service was good and prices were OK (although I wasn't paying :). It was loud for a business dinner and got hard to hear each other at times. The menu is extensive with a lot of choices. Our appetizers were good but the crab cakes were very average. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner and my ribeye steak was very good, but the rest was just OK. I did like the pecan pie turnovers with ice cream, that was a good way to end the meal. Overall an average biz dinner and I would probably give PRG another chance.

• Visited April 2013
South Durham USA
“Great food & service -- not surprised that it's packed!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've had the great pleasure of dining at the Page Road Grill on several occasions. It has NEVER failed to disappoint!

There's something here for everyone -- wonderful appetizers to traditional upscale pasta and seafood dished to burgers -- all prepared with a decided nod to regional flair. For example, the "Down East Hummus" is made not with chickpeas but with peanuts. It is FANTASTIC! I also highly recommend the North Carolina Shrimp and Grits (served over a fried grit cake). Other members of my family liked the Sweet Potato Gnocchi. On a separate occasion, I had the daily fish special, which was terrific as well.

It's a bit on the pricey side, and there's usually a long wait -- especially at lunch or high-volume dinner hours (e.g., weekends). The bar attracts lots of folks from the nearby Research Triangle Park, which adds to the crowd. But be persistent!! The wait is worth it.

• Visited March 2013
Craig, Colorado
“New restaurant, but tweaks needed.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Recently visited this restaurant with mixed experience. My dinner companion liked the fish (maui maui drizzled with chili oil, on Asian cabbage). I, on the other hand, was not pleased with the chicken salad on brioche roll, with house-made potato chips. The chicken contained too much mayo and was nearly mush; no texture, no appealing flavors. The roll, although toasted, was tough and chewy. The house-made chips were cold and had no more personality than chips out of a bag, in fact I've tasted more flavorful chips from a bag. It would seem if a restaurant is going to advertise house-made chips, they should be made to order as fries are. The interior of the restaurant is cavernous and loud. The decor is bistro, modern, industrial. Wait staff was efficient but not very personable. In defense of the management, after I shared my disappointment with my meal, they provided me with a gift card to use on a return visit. In fairness, I will return to PRG in the near future and update my review at that time. Although I did not visit the bar, there seemed to be a lively crowd enjoying drinks while I was there.

• Visited April 2013