“Favorite donut and biscuit place”

Rise Biscuits and Donuts
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'm a big fan of Rise. The biscuits and donuts are delicious. If we lived any closer, we'd be fat people from visiting so often. Their biscuit breakfast sandwiches are very tasty. We've had the fried chicken, different pork ones and beef ones, all very flavorful. The biscuits are a good balance of soft and flaky, and they are a good size for breakfast. It's worth it to try the specials. We always go for the apple fritter also when we visit. It's a pretty big and rich donut. I refuse to buy donuts anywhere else in town.

The staff are welcoming people. Guests typically get through the line quickly.

Another plus is that they're open earlier than most breakfast places. We're early birds, so we appreciate places that open before 8am.

The shop is rather small, so eating there is pretty much restricted to the outside tables. We often bring the food home. On the weekends, there are many runners that show up together.

I recommend Rise to everyone I know.

There are newer reviews for Rise Biscuits and Donuts

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Rise is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. They have a roster of "standard" donuts (glazed, chocolate glazed, etc), but feature unique donuts on a regular rotating basis, such as the maple bacon bar, pineapple basil, and key lime with powdered sugar donuts. For their biscuits, you can get them plain, create your own sandwich from a good-sized list of toppings, or try one of their specials (they feature both daily and weekly biscuit specials). These specials are the best Rise offerings, in my opinion: seared beef tenderloin with cremini mushrooms and bernaise sauce, rabbit stew (!) with curry and cream, chicken hash with roasted poblano peppers, onions, potatoes, runny egg, and chile sauce....the list goes on and on, but I've loved every one I tried.

Rise uses local ingredients whenever possible, including Bean Traders coffee (another favorite Durham location). Yes, they are more expensive than Dunkin Donuts, but there is a reason. Give it a try at least once! Their current menu can be found at http://risebiscuitsdonuts.com/menu/.

Be aware that there is not much room to sit inside. They have a counter and a few tables, but most of their seating is outside.

1  Thank forbachc
Reviewed June 22, 2014

These are the best donuts available anywhere in the Triangle. From the simple Cinnamon Twist to the indulgent Maple Bacon Bar (yes, a strip of bacon on top of the donut), they are all excellent.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to check out what the fuss was about "Rise" and wow after eating the breakfast sandwich on their biscuit, it blew my socks off, it was amazing and delicious. Also had their donuts which are very good. The folks who work there are great!

The line was out the door, and I understand why, Biscuits and Donuts are off the hook!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Super awesome donuts and great biscuits as well. My wife and i stopped in on a Saturday morning after hearing about this joint online. there was a short line but nothing crazy and definitely worth waiting for, I had the sausage biscuit which was fantastic and then for dessert a bacon maple bar. A.W.E.S.O.M.E the saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the maple went together perfectly. I would definitely come back here again and recommended friends to do the same!