“So good and everyone knows it...”

Rise Biscuits and Donuts
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Durham, North Carolina
“So good and everyone knows it...”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

So much so that I feel silly writing this review. But I have to give them their official props. Rise is just plain ridiculously good. Period. End of review.

Moreisville
“Terrible customer service & highly unorganized”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This establishment which does make a decent biscuit has the worst customer service I've ever seen. On multiple occasions I have encountered rude and generally clueless staffers, but my most recent (and final) visit set a world record for bad service. I arrived early on a Saturday morning around 7:10am and the restaurant opens at 7am. After walking in the door a handful of dazed employees stared up at their clock and almost in unison said they were not open yet. I asked why they were not open when the door said they open at 7:00 and it was now 7:10. At that point the 'manager' asked me if I could read and did I noticed the closed sign on the door? This was followed by him saying I must wait an additional few minutes and then I can come to the counter. In all my travels and visits to restaurants nobody has ever had the audacity to question my literacy and still suggest I spend my money in their establishment. There are no shortages of biscuits and donuts in this world while still having real customer service.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Justin S
“Not my favorite...”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We came here originally because we thought my was owned by sunrise biscuit kitchen (it's not). I really didnt care for the food and my 8 year old didnt like his doughnut(unsual of course). The store is clean and the atmosphere is nice which is why I rated it higher. We have not been back.

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“OMG!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best donuts ever. They have every kind of donut you can think of made fresh each day. The maple bacon and apple fritter are my favorites but it is very hard to pick just just two. Highly recommend if you have a donut craving, you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Long Lines- Worth the Wait”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Be prepared- on the weekends you will stand in an unorganized herd in a small lobby of the bakery. They do have a better organized "take a number" process and will call your number over an intercom system that is connected to speakers outdoors- in case you are claustrophobic.

During the regular week however there doesn't seem to be any crowd at all- probably because it is a bit out of the way from the usual I-40 traffic workflow (sandwiched between Fayetteville Street and 751 by the Southpoint mall).

The food is certainly worth the wait. Daily, they whip up some very tasty and creative new breakfast selections (e.g. House Made Chorizo with Scrambled Egg and Queso Fresco Biscuits, Fried Green Tomato With Pimento Cheese Biscuit, Maple Bacon doughnuts).

Give it a try- I'm confident that this place is going to be in the top 50 Durham selections very soon.

• Visited July 2013