“Fire starter chef made our night”
Review of Ai Fuji - CLOSED

Ai Fuji
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fayetteville St.
Description: A fun and relaxing atmosphere, where you can enjoy the exquisite Japanese culture as well as dine on fine cuisine. Ai Fuji Japanese Steakhouse provides excellent service, teppanyaki style hibachi and is one place you just cannot miss out on when your in the mood for great food and fantastic people. Bring your family, friends and business partners out to Ai Fuji and enjoy great Japanese food, Sushi buy one get one free and authentic dining experience.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went for sushi (delicious) but ended up having a grill made on the table in front of us. The chef was hilarious and the kids (7&3) were amazed by the juggling, fire and fun. The adults (35&35) both had tears streaming down our faces as the chef squirted and prepared our meal. We will defiantly return and bring friends. Great night out

There are newer reviews for Ai Fuji

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friend and I were in the area and decided to stop in at Ai Fuji for lunch. I'm glad we did.

I was fairly impressed by the interior. It's much larger than I expected. It's also nice to have a variety of seating options - they have booths, regular tables, high round cocktail tables, sushi counter seating and seating at the hibachi grill. We opted for a booth near the small private rooms with the soji screen doors. It's a nice interior but also pretty dark. We came in from a bright sunny day so it took a few moments to adjust.

My friend was disappointed that they didn't have a sashimi lunch special but he was fine ordering it from the regular menu. I had the hibachi filet mignon lunch special with a green salad.

The salad was good but they went a bit heavy on ginger dressing. It was very creamy (too much mayo?) and there was too much of it in the bottom of the bowl. The hibachi dish was delicious. The veggies and steak were cooked to perfection, I loved the rice, and really didn't need the dipping sauces.

My friend enjoyed the sashimi selection. The cuts were generous, and I had to help him finish the Tuna roll. He also said the miso soup was good.

Our waitress / server was obviously new at her job and seemed nervous and a bit awkward but it didn't take away from our experience there.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with our first meal at Ai Fuji. I'll definitely return.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Recently had lunch while in the area on business. We ate grill side and our cook was very entertaining (probably the most of all of the Japanese steakhouses I have been to). The food was good (so much so that two women who were seated at our grill shared that they had eaten there the day before (their first visit) and enjoyed it so much they returned again the next day).

Steak was cooked to order (although I would have liked to see a choice in steak options - even if I had to pay extra for a top cut vs. sirloin).

Great experience and efficient service. I would return again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It is a typical Japanese steak house. We had lunch (chicken teriyaki, salmon teriyaki and shrimp ramen). They were all so-so, not thing special.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

After our first experience with Ai Fuji, we were looking for an opportunity to return. We seized it when we were planning our child's birthday. Every step of the way, from talking to a staff member about logistics and reservations, to having to alter the reservation numbers, to the actual entertaining of eight preteen boys, it was a terrific experience.

We couldn't get Andy, who we'd had as our hibachi chef the first time, but the manager made our reservation with Eddie, who was extremely good with the kids and kept their attention the whole time. We adults were given the next grill over and also enjoyed our chef, though he was more subdued than the others. Both chefs prepared excellent meals. The kitchen was able to take into consideration one of our party guests who had peanut and egg allergies and prepared his meal separately in the kitchens. The waitstaff was very attentive this time, more so than our first visit, but it was also less crowded this time (earlyish on a Monday evening). They led a birthday song for our son and also brought him a cupcake as part of his meal.

We will definitely be returning. We couldn't have been more pleased with the entire staff's effort before and during this visit.