“Hot dog!”

Jimmy's Famous Hot Dogs
Ranked #181 of 790 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Description: Delicious old-fashioned style Hot dog and Burger joint in Durham, NC.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

After finally getting their buns right, this is a great hot dog place. The chili and slaw are done just right as well. Almost reminds me of the old Amos and Andy's in downtown Durham!

3  Thank SuperGrand

Reviewed March 31, 2014

JIMMY'S is about 30 miles from my home but it would be well worth the drive, were gas not going for $3.50+/- a gallon. On the recommendation of a random passerby I stopped here twice while my wife was a patient at DUKE University Hospital. I enjoyed both visits immensely.

On my first visit I had a double bacon burger, bacon dog, fries, and DIET Coke. Both the burger and dog were 'All-The-Way' and both were DELICIOUS.

On my second visit I wanted to try something different from the menu so I could better gauge the joint so I ordered a double bacon burger, bacon dog [both 'All-The-Way'], fries, and DIET Coke. No, this is not a typographical error, these selections were so tasty the first time I just had to do it again.

Now, the next time I may get Jimmy's fried chicken, but I won't guarantee it.

Not only is the food great but Jimmy's is a real JOINT. For this reason alone I would continue to return. Jimmy's reminds me of many eateries that I sorely miss from my 'growing up' days in Northern New Jersey. It's a home made burger joint serving home made food.

One last point, Jimmy's staff is terrific. Very friendly and helpful.

2  Thank RiverSt
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were in town and decided to do a take out. The service was great. The workers were VERY nice. It reminded me of the good ole days. Jimmy's only takes cash. My husband and I ordered the cheeseburgers and my son ordered the wings and fries. The burger tasted old fashion. I loved it! My husband and son enjoyed their food. We also ordered the banana "puddin'". They weren't too sweet so it made them PERFECT. My son ordered the chocolate cake and he liked it as well. If we would have been in town longer we would have gone back. Come to Atlanta ;-)... (I know, wishful thinking!)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had a good lunch 1-25-14 while visiting the area. Hot dogs were good, as were the slaw and onion rings - not to mention the banana pudding. Think the chili needed some more seasoning but the food 'hit the spot'. Would return again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I love the place, it have brought back old remember, when I was in Jr High and High School. We would saved our lunch money so we could go to Jimmy's Dad Hot Dog Place and get a Dog for a $1.00. The price today is reasonable and the food is excellent and hot when serve. The staff is awesome also, the deserts are homemade and the lemonade too, just awesome place to go for a great Hamburger and Hotdog along with other items they have, Chicken Wings etc.