“What a fantastic wine tasting experience!”
Review of Vineyards at Southpoint - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vineyards at Southpoint
Apex, North Carolina, United States
“What a fantastic wine tasting experience!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Came here with friends as we had been driving by and had seen the sign many times and decided to finally stop by for an early Friday afternoon wine tasting! We moved here from California and have enjoyed the wineries in Napa and Sonoma and others so weren't quite sure what to expect. I have to say we had a fabulous afternoon and Rose our wine tasting host was a standout. She made the outing! I would recommend a visit to this winery and tasting!

Visited August 2013

Durham, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Poor response to an unfortunate event”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I bought a Groupon for a yoga, wine, and chocolate event that was being held at the Vineyards at Southpoint along with some friends. The parking area was packed when I arrived, and some people were parking in the grassy area on the side. I pulled in next to my friends, and in the process ran over a wooden pallet laying inconspicuously over a hole in the ground scraping the side of my bumper and putting a few small dents in the front of my car (just purchased that morning!). I was very flustered, of course, and my friends assured me that the scrape would just buff out so I tried to go on with the event and not think about it. Upon later inspection the next day it was quite clear it will be buff out, so I wrote an email to let the Vineyard know what happened, that I was obviously upset about the damage to my new car, and to suggest that they clear out such debris from their parking area and better designate parking spots when such a large event is taking place. I received no apology and have been basically reprimanded for not bringing it to their attention when it happened. I called them as they asked to discuss and got no answer. I emailed a response and received a text response saying they would be in touch. They never returned my call and kept telling me to stop by to discuss thing after first calling. They have refused to set an appointment or let me know when the best time to stop by would be. I have not once told them that I expect them to pay for the $600 in damage, although that would be great considering their poor parking conditions and general lack of sympathy. I have been polite in my correspondence and have received nothing but cold, unprofessional responses.
I have received only one phone call to receive excuses for them not being in touch with me and that they would "be in touch" the following day. This was over a week ago. I have sent an email with pictures and the estimate from the body shop with zero response.

Have not received a single apology for the damage to my car, let alone offers to help fix it.

Poor poor poor!!!

Visited May 2013
Graham, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“disappointing”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were expecting a relaxing Sunday afternoon. We have visited many wineries and this was by far our worst experience. They were out of most of the wines for the tastings. There were only 2 grape wines available and 4 fruit wines. No Riesling, Merlot, etc. as listed on the tasting menu. we had a Living Social deal and were supposed ot receive free glasses with out tasting, they said they had been otu fo the glasses for months but we could check back and then come by and pick them up (45 miles one way). We were also to receive $5 vouchers each to use int eh shop, we were then informed that the vouchers could only be used to purchase wine and had to be used the same day. Since we didn't care for the 2 wines they had available, we were just out of luck. We asked to purchase a cheese tray and were told they had sold out the day before. We 'may' try a tasting another time because the wine menu looked interesting but will definitely check to make sure there are actually wines available. Very disappointing.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kelly T
West End, North Carolina
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“NC wine at its best!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Traveling to many vineyards in NC, this one was a surprise. The wine was very good! Not muscadine that is typically bottled in NC. The atmosphere was quite pleasing and it was nice to sit outside after our wine tasting. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that I would have preferred stools for the wine tasting instead of standing the entire time. Will return and bring friends next time.

Visited May 2013
Maplewood, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very nice Vineyard”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The vineyard sits on a beautiful piece of propery with a pretty lake. The ceese platter was delicious. I eneded up purchasing a bottle of wine. I had a wonderful experience.

Visited April 2013