“Very nice Vineyard”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very nice Vineyard”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The vineyard sits on a beautiful piece of propery with a pretty lake. The ceese platter was delicious. I eneded up purchasing a bottle of wine. I had a wonderful experience.

Visited April 2013

Leland, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do not host an event here! The owner has no idea what customer service is!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

DO NOT HOST AN EVENT HERE! When I first decided this would be a perfect spot for our event, I called trying to get some information. They said I needed to talk to the owner however he was not there. I left a message and NEVER received a call back. I called several times after that and emailed him and never once did I get a response back. Finally after 3 weeks of leaving 5 messages I called and got in touch with him. He was very rude on the phone and I felt as if they don't host many events. I believe he just made a price up. He quoted me a per person price. So we told him we were expecting 30 people. After we booked it and sent out invitations we told him that we were only going to have 20 people. But he told us we still needed to pay for 30!!!! How can you quote a per person price but then make us pay for 30?! After I booked them I talked on the phone to 2 other women while planing my event. They were very nice and helpful. I said I wanted to do a food tasting with the wine tasting on the day of the event and they even helped me pair foods with the wines. However on the day of the event the owner said that he would not do the food tasting with the wine tasting and was disgusted at the very thought of pairing his wines with food. He was such a wine snob. He only cared about his wine tasting! On the day of the event he was ridiculously rude to us. He yelled at us for bringing a caterer in his establishment. Even though we told him and his staff several times that there would be a caterer! I can not begin to describe how rude he was to us on the day of the event! I am a small business owner and I know how important customer service is! He has no idea how to treat his customers!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank lsly_031
Guy_Loeffler, General Manager at Vineyards at Southpoint, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
[ Reviewer's Original Post Was On Yelp July 30, 2012 - This TripAdvisor Review was in apparent retaliation to our reply on October 1, 2012 ]

Our Original October 1st Response on Yelp to this same reviewer:

While we apologize for your negative perception, there seems to have been several misunderstandings and miscommunications surrounding this event.

While there are always two sides to every story, we hope that you can appreciate that for any private event held at our property, especially the barrel aging room, the stated minimums must be upheld. In this case it was a minimum of 20 persons at $15 per person (basic wine tasting and souvenir glass, along with tables, chairs, linens, etc.).

It is our hope that the additional hour (without charge) was adequate for your function, and that the credit given to your mother for the six no-shows - against wine purchase - helped with the fact that only 14 of the original 30 RSVP sent out actually showed.

Of course, all external caterers must be approved prior to the date the event, and there must be clear communication ahead of time as to whether a meal with a wine pairing vs a basic wine tasting is required. The event was originally setup and then confirmed one week prior as a private basic wine tasting in our barrel aging room with food from home.

In any event, we hope that we will have the opportunity to improve your experience with our vineyard in the future.
Mosinee, Wisconsin
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Gem close to Southpoint Mall”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff is very friendly and know their business. The wines are very well done, although they tend to run out of some. This is a good sign but can be a bummer. The grounds are quiet and pleasant to relax in. I kept avoiding going there and now wish I had visited sooner.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank BobandPaulette1983
Raleigh, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good wine, even under rainy skies”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Someday, I'm going to visit this winery on a sunny day, when I can enjoy a glass of wine on the deck overlooking the pond, or take a picnic into the oak grove in the middle of the vineyard. But so far, every time I've visited, it has poured! But the wine is good, the tasting room hosts friendly and accommodating, so much so that they let us bring our "outdoor" picnic into the private tasting cellar when the bottom dropped out. The site is beautiful, not too far off the beaten path. It's a real treat to get into the country, without having to drive too far.

Visited September 2012
Durham, North Carolina
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Friendly, relaxing, and very good wine for the region”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

A relatively new establishment (2011) that provides a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere for wine tasting or drinking, featuring some of the better wines to be found in the region. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, and both indoor and outdoor (patio) seating. Definitely not Napa, but it is a nice oasis just 3 miles south of I-40 (Hwy 751, exit 274), making it quickly and easily accessible for those passing through or for locals in Southpoint area. The grapes are grown and processed elsewhere in NC, though there is a small vineyard on the premises.

Visited May 2012