“Splendid food for a great price!”
Review of The Saucy Crab

The Saucy Crab
Ranked #392 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The nearest Joe's Crab Shack is in Fayetteville, over an hour away, so I was totally into trying out the Saucy Crab. For locals, it's in the former longtime Macaroni Grill site next to Rooms to Go. Three pounds feeds three people very very well, and don't skip on getting the corn, potatoe (hat tip to Dan Quayle), and sausage extras. The whole meal comes in a plastic bag, so they would really benefit from better presentation, but it's delicious!

1  Thank GeorgeSmart
There are newer reviews for The Saucy Crab

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The price was right -- under $50 for three people at dinner! Can't beat it! The food was excellent -- cooked perfectly. I had the fried catfish dinner. The catfish was superb, but the sweet potato fries, which I substituted for regular fried potatoes, were bland and a bit dry. My friends split a fried shrimp dinner (the shrimp, they said, were some of the best they'd ever had -- as was my catfish, and they liked the fried potatoes) and some king crab. I ate one of the shrimp, and it was excellent. The crab was cooked perfectly, they said -- I didn't try any -- but we weren't warned about the presentation. It's tossed with sauce in a plastic bat. The sauce was excellent too, but they had a rough time trying to crack the crab because the sauce made it so slippery. My advice: if you order shellfish, ask for it "naked," with sauce on the side. If you order a fried dinner, don't get the sweet potato fries. Overall -- I'll be back!

2  Thank napples123
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not sure what I expected...maybe something like Joe's Crab Shack, I guess. But, it's not. The waitress was WAY too personable; not the slightest hint of professionalism. I understand it's a laid -back-casual dining place, but she was just a little too laid back.
The Dungeness crab was seasoned very well and the price was reasonable. It was not crowded at all, which was surprising.

2  Thank psmith61
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ordered chicken because my wife loves sea food. Not a big fan of sea food. Wings came out undercooked. Wife loved her crab. But with my raw chicken the manager at first wanted me to still pay Evan though chicken can kill you when raw. Also had to argue to get 50% off. Not satisfied with management at all but my server was excellent in helping me out

3  Thank Abuzarina

Been to The Saucy Crab? Share your experiences!