“Wow !! what else can I say”
Review of NanaTaco

NanaTaco
Ranked #28 of 791 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Relatively new, opened by the same people who run Nana's in Durham, but a different location and very different type of place.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

recommended by the employee's of Nana's the previous night we had dinner, I decided to experience Nana Taco, and I'm very happy I did. Don't expect anything fancy, but it's a friendly atmosphere. You simply walk up to the order window and the menu is written all over the front boards, to include Margaritas and a great selection of beer. you are served your drinks and issued a number which you place at your table. Then this very nice Mexican lady who's primary function is to serve the food and insure all is well with your meal, delivers our order, again smiling and making feel comfortable, she was great !! I engaged her in conversation (in Spanish) and she mentioned that the cooking techniques were authentic Mexican, and I will acknowledge that the flavors that exploded in my mouth with every bite will confirm this. This is not your typical Tex-Mex wannabe place. It's a great casual dining experience with authentic flavors, the food is excellent, this place is a must for anyone looking for a great Mexican style meal, Gracias Nana Taco !!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Very good Mexican food. Large servings. Noisy atmosphere. The burrito could easily feed 2 people and was excellent. Got our food to go and the service was very fast!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Don't bring your hard-of-hearing grandma here- it's a loud but festive place. Street tacos are good and the beer is cold. Not so great for kids unless they venture beyond the cheese quesadilla.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant is the affordable baby sibling of Nana's across the street. And you can tell they care about good food. My husband loves a hole in the wall Mexican food joint. I prefer a little more upscale but we both love Nana Taco. The food is fresh, interesting and the taco choices are great. They have good salads hidden on the menu, too, but do try some of the "dirty meats" and the salsas in the condiment bar. The burritos are ENORMOUS. The 3 taco choice is a great deal.
This is the only place I'll drink margaritas other than my kitchen - theirs are strong, limey, not sweet and pathetic. I don't like really spicey food, but the spicy Mexican chocolate milkshake is worth getting (I often have to take it home and have it the next day cause I'm so full). The spice is perfectly balanced with the cold chocolate.
And the service here is also really good, even though you order at the front. They bring your food and the guy checked on us at least 3 times during the meal, even though the place was packed.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Besides limited parking, this restaurant is a fun place to go with your friends. You order at the counter and wait for your food, but it has quite a selection of unusual meats (see the menu online). I am a vegetarian, and I thought the vegetables and spinach and mushroom tacos were very well-seasoned. The rice and beans were really tasty too, and I personally thought the guacamole was fantastic. My meat-eater father really enjoyed the pork butt, lamb cheeks, and duck (especially recommending the duck). The price is similar to Chipotle, but this experience far exceeds anything you'd find at Chipotle.