“Authentic and a bargain.”
Review of NanaTaco

NanaTaco
Ranked #23 of 792 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Relatively new, opened by the same people who run Nana's in Durham, but a different location and very different type of place.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

What a unique spot with absolutely great food. Can you believe 3 tacos with chips and salsa for $6. The choices are astounding: Chili Rubbed Pork Butt, Garlic-Slow Cooked Beef, House Rotisserie Chicken, Braised Beef Tongue, House Spicy Chorizo, Crispy Chicken Liver, Grilled Veggies, Sautéed Spinach & Mushrooms, Fried Calamari. Also for slightly more, you can choose Braised Local Hog Jowls, Lamb Cheeks, House smoked Duck or Crispy Pork Belly. Mix and Match. Need I say more. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Order at window from a variety of fares. They have slow cooked and rotteserie meats including pork belly, duck, and beef tongue. I ordered chicken mole. It was to die for and the handmade corn tortillas were exceptional. I had hibiscus flower agua Fresca it was wonderful also. My hubbie had three tacos- each we're great. We did not have alcohol but noted large variety of beers and Cocktails. To top it off i am gluten free and the staff was very knowledgable and helped me know what was safe for me to eat!!!!!!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Went to Nanataco last week for lunch. Very delicious, but messy, fish taco. Sides of rice, black beans and chips. Very creative menu and good beer selection. Would go again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our friends took us to NanaTaco on a quiet Sunday night. The space looks like a converted gas station with a walk-up counter for ordering and booths and tables for indoor and outdoor seating. The music was way too loud but that is the way of the world these days. We ordered margaritas and they were about average and in a plastic cup. We then ordered (three soft tacos combo, burrito, grilled chicken salad and Mexican soup). All were excellent. The stars were the tacos -- the flavors of the beef and pork tacos were complex and robust. The chicken was fine too. You just kept shoveling them into your mouth while trying to ignore the overflow dripping down your chin. NanaTaco needs bigger napkins. I used about ten while trying keep my area policed. The prices were fair. We would definitely return if in Durham again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is right off University Dr. in Durham near the Q-Shack and Nana's Restaurant. The meat options include things like pork butt and braised beef tongue. A very different spin on Mexican cuisine. I tried the fried calamari and arugula tacos at the recommendation of an employee; very good. There is a salsa bar to spice up your dish if you like. The atomsphere is hip and young. I enjoyed my meal and the company. I will try it again.