“Fantastic for all ages!”
Review of Duke Lemur Center

Duke Lemur Center
Ranked #9 of 80 things to do in Durham
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a wonderful place to learn about lemurs!!! Duke Lemur Center has the most lemurs in the world outside of Madagascar (currently they have 262 lemurs from 16 different species). The one hour guided tour is well worth the money, which is used to support the Center. We loved the tour we took. We now sponsor (in part) two lemurs!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved this! Great video overview and then a tour led by a dedicated volunteer. Saw many lemur, aya ayes and bushbabies.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was skeptical at first but I was glad my daughter talked me into this. The tour starts with a 15 minute movie. A guide then takes you around the grounds to different types of lemurs. The tour lasts about an hour and costs $10 each. Discounts apply for students, military, etc..Their is a gift shop. Parking is free.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a very educational and interesting experience and well worth the time to plan ahead and do it.

The staff are polite and helpful and take their jobs seriously. This is a place for the lemurs and we are allowed to visit them

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I’ve seen lemurs on loan from the Duke University Lemur Center on a couple occasions, but hadn’t visited the Center until yesterday. The video at the start of the tour and our guide were excellent. I agree with a couple of the other reviewers who state that taking photos wasn’t feasible. The lemurs that we saw were basically too small and have mostly dark coats, so trying to photograph them in the cage was hardly worthwhile. I was actually able to get quality photos of the ‘lemurs on loan’ at the Charleston SC Aquarium.

I’ll plan to look into taking one of the other tours that offer an opportunity to see the lemurs up close. For an inexpensive and educational quick tour, this introduction fits the bill.

Been to Duke Lemur Center? Share your experiences!