“great atmosphere for an event”
Review of Carolina Theater

Carolina Theater
Ranked #16 of 80 things to do in Durham
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I went to a comedy show recently and had a great time. It was our first time here, and it's really a great atmosphere. Good beers for sale and nice folks working the concession stand.

There are newer reviews for Carolina Theater

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Carolina is in the heart of downtown Durham and plays both independent movies as well as live acts and three or four film festivals a year. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is an intimate venue harking back to the days when going to the theatre was an event rather than common place. The talent that comes through is beyond belief. Just when you think it can't get any better, they book another quality act. Not a bad seat in the house.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just attended Carolina Theatre (this is how they spell it -- the good old original theatre way!) for the first time, and loved it! We saw Twenty Feet From Stardom, which is a great movie. There are several locations for venues -- we were in a small, intimate movie theater room. They also have great live acts performing on stage. Beautifully restored and impressive! staff very friendly!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I attended opening night of the 50th anniversary performance of Pirates of Penzance mainly to observe renovations in the performance space. There was open seating and I arrived early enough to choose a seat the near the front. Although I attended a dress rehearsal of the show's run, I was thoroughly impressed. Performers from the original production were present and recognized by the audience. It was a nostalgic and enlightening experience for me.

Been to Carolina Theater? Share your experiences!