“Wonderful and Delicious!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent authentic Italian food that is both basic and complex and always delicious. The patio is amazing for lunch or dinner and even just coffee and dessert. I had a simple arugula salad with prosciutto and dried figs with a glass of red wine. Delightful! Dessert was almost to beautiful to eat, but I was extremely glad I did - perfection!

San Diego, California
“Light, quick lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

L'Uva is located in the American Tobacco campus just a short walk from the Durham Performong Arts Center and the Durham Bulls park, I went during the week and the restaurant wasn't very busy. Service was prompt and friendly.

The menu is Mediterranean themed and the dishes are properly sized unlike the obscenely excessive portions that have become the norm. I had the half of a vegetable panini and the tomato polenta soup. Both were excellent and quite enough for lunch. My colleague had the cauliflower risotto and enjoyed it.

Next time I plan to try L'Uva for dinner.

Greensboro
“Salt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant with an imaginative menu. Unfortunately both my appetizer and entree were overwhelmed by salt; so much so that I couldn't taste the flavors of the meal. The desserts were fabulous--can't really make that mistake with desserts--showing the skills of the kitchen to best advantage. Go easy on the salt. Let the flavors shine.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went to L'Uva before a show at DPAC and the service and food was great. They asked right away if we were going to the show so that they could accommodate. They offer half and full sizes in the past dishes too. The half size was the perfect amount. Wine was affordable but it might have been that night's special. I would recommend for a different kind of meal. You aren't going to get spaghetti and meatballs but more like spaghetini carbonara. Reservations needed especially on the night of a show.

Bel Air, Maryland
“Expected more from a place with pedigree”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Met friends for a celebratory dinner at L'Uva. The restaurant was much smaller than I had imagined with tight seating. The artisan bread was both fresh and warm, giving me the impression that all would be good. We had a variety of appetizers, none particularly memorable, but all very tasty. What was disappointing was the main course. My husband had the osso bucco, which was over salted. I had the crab-stuffed flounder special, which had undetectable levels of crab stuffed into an overcooked piece of fish - all served over a plate full of navy beans, which were at least tastier than the fish. We had a great time with our friends, so it's too bad the food didn't measure up to the company.

• Visited February 2013