“Cute spot for lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went to the restaurant for a business lunch based on the recommendation of a local. We were seated outside and though it was a chilly day, the outdoor heaters made the outdoor area comfortable. I found the wait staff to be friendly and efficient. I order the fish tacos which were very good. My associate ordered the bratwurst and he said it was good, not great, but good. The lunch menu was not huge but enough to satisfy most. Would recommend for a good lunch

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We waited about 45 minutes for a crowded shared picnic table on the plastic-enclosed patio. Our food was just so-so. I think this place is overrated and I was underwhelmed. It might have a great beer selection and be a fun bar to visit, but for a meal, I would not return.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I came to get a beer that was on tap from a local brewer. They have a nice beer selection. The food is not stellar, but it is real good. The food is not high priced at all, and is more than worth the price. Overall, I like it there and will return

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My American friends took me after checking out the artshows in downtown Durham on third Friday of the month. This place had a cool atmosphere.I could try some cool US dishes like Green Fried Tomatoes and Devilled Eggs and also sample the Pumpkin beer (Smuttynose). Good service, good food, good beer and good times.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Love the vibe, bar and good eats at this little place. Good weather is a bonus to enjoy the picnic tables on the patio. Start with Jalapeño Cheddar Hushpuppies with difficult choice of sauces (my fav is srirachanaise) and a Whiskey Business. I usually order a seasonal special but at some point you have to experience The Pile.