“Good place near Duke East Campus!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 19, 2014

it has the latest Hampton Inn rooms, spacious and clean; and a decent exercise room. It's about a couple of miles from Duke East Campus. There is no good place to eat nearby. However my favorite restaurant in Durham, Vin Rouge French Bistro, is near the East Campus as well as Watts Grocery. There is a WholeFood near there. It worked for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear JPDallas,

Thank you for leaving a review of our Hampton Inn & Suites; I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and found your guest room so spacious! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're visiting Durham. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Dependable and consistent quality at a reasonable price. Courteous staff and decent breakfast included in room rate. Location near downtown and Duke U. area very convenient. ..........................

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear footdoc99,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us! I'm glad you found our service excellent and our location near Duke made it easy for you to get around. We are grateful for your high ratings and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Overall excellent stay. Loved the indoor heated pool for relaxing with the kids. Great location right off of I-85 and only 2 minutes from the beautiful Duke campus with plenty of eating options in a 5-10min drive range

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Erik E,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are very pleased to hear it was a great one! I'm happy you had an excellent stay all-around and that our location worked well for your needs. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice Hampton and the staff is cheerful and ready to please their guests. The breakfast is typical Hampton fare but I wish they had better fresh fruit. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom was very nice with ample hot water but the shower head was impossible to reach for my petite wife. The fitness center was very well equipped with a nice variety of stations.

If we need to visit the area again we will certainly stay here but will request the special rate for any Duke Hospital appointments.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ed L,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites - I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and found our staff very friendly, but do apologize for the inconvenience regarding your shower and our team will discuss your comments. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast. Otherwise, thanks again for your high rating and we hope to see you the next time you visit Duke!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Excellent all around. plenty of pillows. bedding(sheets, comforters, blankets) all clean. television had good picture quality, the internet service downstairs was nice since I don't typically travel with my laptop. Curtains blocked light completely. Mattress was supportive yet had the right amount of 'give'. Plenty of pillows, bathroom clean and nice. Hotel had a relatively new appearance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Thomas T,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words! We're very happy to hear you had an excellent stay all-around and are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board. Thank you again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The good: room on top floor was quiet and large; free problem-free wifi; large breakfast area; heating/cooling system worked well; comfy beds; good location.
The not-so-good: free breakfast was nothing special; never saw breakfast staff wipe off any tables--had to try several to find one without food on table/chairs; staff was competent but not very friendly; could hear guests in room next to ours; ice machine not working on our floor.

Room Tip: For quiet, get room on top floor (sixth) and away from interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Carroll M,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at our hotel; I'm glad you enjoyed many of our amenities and had a comfortable, quiet stay, though do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our breakfast and our team will discuss your feedback. Feel free to reach out to me at the number below if you would like to speak further about your visit. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just off I-85 and near all the major sites such as Duke University and Hospital, this is a no-brainer. Easy to get to, plenty of parking and rooms that are quiet, clean and a good breakfast to boot. This is my third time here, and I definitely will return. Can't make a stronger statement than that.

Room Tip: T K Tripp's is just across the street and Northgate Mall with many restaurants is a fairly short...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear 414Bookworm,

Thanks for staying with us on several occasions and taking the time to share your experience. I'm very pleased you always have a great stay and our location works well for your needs! We appreciate your high ratings and loyalty and will see you the next time you're in town.