“Another great stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Another great hotel so convenient to things in Durham, especially the hospital. The staff was great and accommodating and the breakfast was a well-rounded meal every day with plenty of diverse items. I recommend this hotel whenever staying in Durham and especially if you have loved ones having to go to Duke Medical Hospital. The distance is only 2.4 miles and the roads have hardly no traffic to and from the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Gregory S,

Thanks for staying with us again and I'm glad to hear your recent visit lived up to your expectations. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was so impressed with the Hampton Inn. Everything was immaculate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The access to the internet was easy. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety so I was able to stick to my diet. The room temperature was easy to set and it was quiet. I loved the granite/marble in the bathroom. Everything was upscale and clean.

1  Thank Harold H
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Harold H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for your kind words! I'm delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed the variety of options of our complimentary breakfast. We are grateful for your high ratings and look forward to your next stay with us! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Was in Durham for an appointment at Duke Medical. Did not know until check in that the hotel offered a special rate for those coming to Duke. That was a nice surprise. The staff was very courteous and professional in all areas. The hotel was clean, comfortable and up to date.

Dear Pam S,

Thanks for your review - I'm happy to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay and hope all went well with your appointment. We also appreciate your kind words for our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We chose this Hampton Inn because it was good stopping point on our trip, and I used Hilton points to help get a good deal. We are diamond members so they accommodated us with a free upgrade to a suite upon our arrival, which was extremely helpful since we have two little ones.

Unfortunately, about 4 am our son got sick all over his bed and the floor next to his bed. We called the front desk, and Sheila brought up a extra towels and a change of sheets and blankets. When she saw the extent of the damage, she stripped the bed bare and brought up a new duvet and cover as well and helped to remake the bed. She also came back a third time with Febreeze to help cover the odor so we could get back to sleep. She was extremely nice and understanding through it all, and made a really unpleasant situation better.

Thanks to Sheila and the Hampton Inn staff!

Dear allichka,

We appreciate you reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and hope your son is feeling better! I'm glad to read our staff was able to help you out and we're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

everything was great . will be back next time. This hotel is located in the middle of every thing I needed. The staff was very much on the ball, when asked a question they had the answer, knew their job well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Joseph P,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words! I'm delighted you had a great stay and that our staff was able to help out with all your needs. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I selected this hotel to stay at in Durham using my Hilton Honors rewards, got a great deal. My husband and I traveled there on December 16th so that we could attend our granddaughters Musical Play. We were impressed when we first drove up to the hotel, it looked fresh and new. The interior was very clean and modern, but I must admit I was a little disappointed in not seeing an elaborate Christmas tree, even though they had one it was nothing compared to other Hampton's I've stayed at during the Christmas season.

Our room was on the 6th floor room 605. When we walked into the room the HVAC system was set on cool, and yes the room was very chilly. I quickly changed it to heat, only to discover that when the heat system operated it would blow the mildly warm air for a while until it reached the desired temp, then switch over to blowing cold air and lowering the room temp. I thought well I just didn't set the control right, my husband adjusted it and we left for the evening.

Upon our return our room was comfortable, but during the early morning at 2:30am we awake to cold air blowing in the room, we adjusted the room temp very high, allowed the HVAC unit to run until it kicked off and prepared to start blowing the cold air again, and then quickly turned the system off just to have a warm room.

That is really the only negative I have about this place. I did report this issue upon our departure and received an apology.

The hotel is located right across the street from Northgate Mall, and has a Tripps restaurant nearby. It is in a good location for what we needed, but if I ever stay there again I won't wait to report the HVAC system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear vhash77,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your visit - and again I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding your HVAC unit. In the future, please don't hesitate to let us know during your stay and we'll work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. If you'd like to speak about it further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed your granddaughter's play and am glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and other offerings. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were in Durham for a Christmas dinner with some family and friends. We decided instead of driving 1.5 hours home we would spend the night. We booked a room at the Hampton Inn like usually do when we travel. This hotel is very nice and clean. The staff very helpful and friendly. We will stay here again and recommend it to anyone.
We stayed on the top floor(5th) our room was facing I-85 and we heard no noise at all. The hotel was packed and very quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear psevert,

Thank you for your review and we hope you had a good time visiting with your friends and family! I'm delighted you had a comfortable, clean stay and found our staff very friendly and accommodating. We hope to see you for another stay soon, thanks again for your comments!