“Nice Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn every time that I am in Durham, which right now is about every other week. The staff is always friendly and attentive and the facility and rooms are always very clean. It's not far from Brightleaf Square which has some nice restarants in it and Tripp's Restaurant (American fare and steaks) is right across the street. It's also very convenient to I-85 and the Northgate mall is within walking distance.

I have tried a couple other hotels in the area but always regret it. Breakfast is ok, on par with other Hampton Inns, but at least it's a meal in the morning included with your room.

Room Tip: I like staying in the King Studio rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we're delighted to hear that we've become your home away from home in the Durham area, as well as that you find our location to be so convenient for your needs. Providing a clean, comfortable stay alongside friendly service is our goal so I'm glad we've succeeded in this for your visits. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this Hampton twice since it opened within the last year and really enjoyed both times. Rooms are very nicely appointed, extremely quiet. The decor of this Hampton is nicer and more pleasant than some of the older properties. Staff was great and Hotel is convenient to most anywhere you want to go in Durham. Coffee is fantastic and standard breakfast fare is fine. I do wish the Hampton Brand would do a little more with their hot breakfast offerings. Will definitely use again whenever in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Eddie H,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites and are very happy to read that both of your stays with us have been excellent. I'm glad that you find our staff to be very friendly and accommodating and that you love all of our furnishings. Thanks again for your review and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Looking for a nice hotel at a great price? You won't beat this place. Clean, nice rooms; helpful staff; great location to downtown Durham. We were very pleasantly surprised with the staff's professionalism and the quality of our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lane B,

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay and I'm delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay all-around and that our location was great for your needs. We're grateful for your kind words regarding our staff and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

When checking in, the desk clerks were very nice and we were pleasantly surprised when they gave us a coupon for a restaurant that was within walking distance. We had a nice room . Will be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Susan H,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay overall and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. We appreciate your high ratings and can't wait for your next visit! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I tried to find a hotel in downtown Durham and this was the closest location I could find. Hampton Inns are consistently clean and function well. A choice of pillows would have been nice. Breakfast is a nice idea and coffee was good. What are egg nuggets?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read that you had a clean and comfortable stay and that our location provided convenient access to downtown Durham. Our team will discuss your other feedback as well- thank you again for the review and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Quick overnight stay with family, no problems. Generally clean and fresh, does seem to be a "newer" Hampton. Has the typical Hampton amenities, but with a bit nicer decor. Near interstate highway but quiet. Breakfast hot and cold items like most other Hamptons, nice clean, well-stocked breakfast area. Would love to see some recyling!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear VacaBird,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites and glad that your stay with us was a good one! I'm happy to hear you had a comfortable, quiet stay and enjoyed our furnishings. Thanks for your other feedback as well and we hope to see you for another stay soon! Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night while visiting family, however we were impressed! The hotel appears new and the room was great for our family of 2 adults/2 teens. THe staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. We did not get a chance to use the pool but it looked great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear luv2travel1517,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel; we're very pleased to read that your visit was a great one and hope you had a fun time visiting your family! I'm also glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and hope you will be able to check out our pool on a future visit. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!