“Great Hampton”

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Kings Mountain, United States
“Great Hampton”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times since it has opened. The location is very convenient since it is near two of our company's offices. The hotel is very well maintained and the rooms are excellent. I especially love the walk-in showers in the regualr rooms. For some reason, the King Suites don't have this feature, but they do have lots of room and are extremely comfortable. The room rates are on par with other hotels in the area and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Joseph H,

Thank you for your review and staying with us on several occasions! I'm glad to hear you always have a quiet, comfortable stay and that our location is great for your needs. We're grateful for your recommendation and look forward to your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were in the area to visit colleges. It's easy to get to - right off the freeway but we never heard any noise from the road (we were on the opposite side). Fresher/newer hotel. A mall is just across the street but there is only one restaurant within walking distance (didn't try it). No newspapers available. There were no fresh towels for the pool but as soon as we told the desk - they were right on it. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear leejay,

We appreciate you leaving a review of our Hampton Inn & Suites and I'm happy to hear you had a quiet, comfortable stay and our staff was able to quickly able to help out when needed. I hope you enjoyed visiting all the great colleges around us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Durham, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very conveniently located and has a wonderful complimentary breakfast with lots to choose from! The fitness center is small so get there early and allow plenty of time to exercise. The staff were very polite and helpful. Clean rooms and comfortable stay. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Justin S,

Thank you for your review and kind words - we're delighted you had a terrific stay and found our staff friendly and helpful, and also that you liked our complimentary breakfast so much. We appreciate your recommendation and can't wait to see you again on your next visit!

Durham, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Fantastic. Very friendly. business center was very convenient. The ease to get on the internet was a welcome happening. clean. highly recommend this hotel and i have yet to have a bad experience with Hampton.

Dear Kirt B,

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay and I'm excited to read we continued a streak of great experiences with Hampton! I'm also glad you could take advantage of our business center and we're grateful for your recommendation. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

About halfway between Washington DC and Atlanta - stayed 1 night and thought the place was clean, safe and well-maintained. The beds were comfortable and the included breakfast was fine. At checkout the receptionist renewed my Hilton account and service/ attitude was very good.

• Stayed July 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear dcpatlanta,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad that you had a clean and comfortable stay. Also happy to hear that our staff was able to help out with renewing your HHonors membership! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham.

Stewartsville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed there for a night on 7/5. The hotel is located in good spot right off the highway. Check in was quick and easy. Staff was friendly. Our room was ready upon arrival. The room was a suite with a pull out sofa and two queen size beds. The room was clean and fully stocked. The TV was large and new, mounted on the wall with a swivel mount. A/C worked well and was quiet. The bathroom was spotless. Indoor pool was nice and so was the workout room. The room was quiet and there were no issues with noise even though the hotel was full. Breakfast in the morning was good. It was the standard Hampton Inn breakfast, which includes healthy choices and many options. Overall, a great stay with no complaints. It was about five miles from Duke University and easy to get to.

Dear zeus751,

Thank you so much for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and I'm very pleased to read that you had a quiet, comfortable stay and found our location to be convenient for your needs. We're also glad you enjoyed several of the amenities we offer. Thanks again and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was a bit concerned when after I booked I realized this particular location had smoking rooms. My husband and daughter are very sensitive to cigarette smoke. Fortunately, that was not an issue. The smoking rooms are on a floor of their own - and there was no smell in the lobby or even in the elevators. Rooms were clean and roomy. Very quiet - heard very little, if any, noise from other rooms. Breakfast was okay - the eggs were a bit rubbery and there were grounds in my coffee - it might have just been an off day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear SESLee3,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are glad to hear you enjoyed your smoke-free stay, as well as that you had a comfortable, quiet experience. I will pass your other comments regarding our breakfast on to our team for discussion as well. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!