“Hampton Inn Durham N I85”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this hotel! YOu could not ask for a better location. It is right off of I85. Easy on and easy off. It is close to downtown and Brighton Square so great dining is just a couple of miles away. It is a fairly new hotel and has the most up to date amenities that a Hampton Inn can offer. Friendly staff is a big plus.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear mocnp,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed the amenities we offer - I hope you were able to take advantage of our state-of-the-art fitness center while you were here! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit to Durham!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed overnight as a family and were pleased with the cleanliness and hospitality of the staff. We would definitely return if in the area again. When we contacted them regarding our late arrival, I spoke with Crystal who assured me our suite would be waiting. It was and we were more than pleased to receive excellent customer service. After a long drive the last thing we needed was a hassle but everything went as smooth as silk!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear bubbaslubba,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites - we're very happy to hear you had a clean and comfortable stay and that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town! Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The location is perfect if you have things to do in Durham. It is conveniently located off the interstate and close to Duke University. The staff was helpful. The rooms were very clean and large. The breakfast area was a bit small for the size of this hotel. However, it was well maintained and the staff made sure the items were well stocked. We did have some problems with getting the particular room type. We needed two rooms with two queen beds and were only able to get one with two queen beds and the other with a king and a sleeper sofa. It all worked out, but as a Hilton Honors member, I was surprised that they didn't hold the proper rooms. All in all, I would recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Zebra11,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us - I'm glad to read that you had a good stay overall! I'm sorry that you had some issue getting the room you needed; we appreciate all of our HHonors guests and I will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion. In the meantime, if you'd like to discuss it further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, we are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

It was initially surprising to enter a room here. The suites are very large for a Hampton. For a longer stay that needs convenience to Duke and/or the medical centers, this is a good choice. In fact it is much better than the nearby Holiday Inn Express and ten times better than the dumps adjacent to the medical centers.

Drawbacks are as follows: they charge more than most Hamptons (there ae not many choices in north Durham). The breakfast was not that great even for a free one (it was subpar for free breakfast hotels). And there is not much in walking distance. That being said, TKTripps is the only place walkable and to food and service are good.

All in all it is an impressive Hampton and quite comfortable. Perhaps I hit the breakfast on a bad day. If you don't care about that you are not taking any chances by staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear tuco919,

Thanks for your review and I'm glad you were impressed with the size of our guest rooms and our cleanliness. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast - our selection does vary on a daily basis, but I will pass your comments on to our team for discussion as we aim to provide the highest quality selection we can. Otherwise, thank you again for the glowing review and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a wonderful experience for a family wedding trip. Room was large, clean, and very comfortable. Location was perfect with easy access to the interstate for arrival/departure and central enough to venture into Raleigh for a gathering. Great value. Breakfast was good, quick, and clean. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear FotiV,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope that you enjoyed the wedding while you were here! I'm happy to read that you found our location and accommodations great and we're grateful for your recommendation. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hampton Inns are pretty dependable. I know a lot of people who just book them without looking at reviews. I'm not there!
This one is nice and clean, but we had some trouble getting the correct room type - having to switch rooms when we got 2 queen beds instead of 1 king. What's so hard about getting a king bed and a bathtub?!
The rooms are big, quiet and well equipped. The bed is comfortable, however, when we had the A/C on, it blew right on our faces. I got up and put the desk chair in the path of the air and that helped. We needed the A/C because the comforter/cover is so heavy! There's no way to get just sheet or a blanket...you have to have either just a sheet or the heavy comforter.
The sink area was big enough, but we could've used more towels and some HOOKS by the sink.
Buffet had lots of selections, but the scrambled eggs were strange-tasting little pellets that were unappetizing. Coffee was way too strong! I think I'm going to start picking my hotels based on if they have drinkable coffee...LOL! NO STARBUCKS or imitators!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear ilive4sun,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and share feedback regarding your stay - I'd like to apologize for the issues you ran into with your room and AC unit and I'll pass your review on to our General Manager for discussion with our team. If you'd like to speak about any of it further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I'm glad you found us clean and enjoyed your visit overall. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here with my wife in May 2013. Our stay was only one night because we were just transiting through town on our way to SC . We arrived late, but checkin was very quick. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was included. It was a typical continental breakfast, but they did have some hot items. The hotel seemed pretty crowded, but they did a pretty good job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked. Checkout was also very quick. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BizTraveler81,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites. I'm very glad to hear that you had a great stay and that our service was efficient even though it was busy! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Durham. Thanks again for your review!