“Great location and great hotel experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a wonderful experience for a family wedding trip. Room was large, clean, and very comfortable. Location was perfect with easy access to the interstate for arrival/departure and central enough to venture into Raleigh for a gathering. Great value. Breakfast was good, quick, and clean. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear FotiV,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope that you enjoyed the wedding while you were here! I'm happy to read that you found our location and accommodations great and we're grateful for your recommendation. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hampton Inns are pretty dependable. I know a lot of people who just book them without looking at reviews. I'm not there!
This one is nice and clean, but we had some trouble getting the correct room type - having to switch rooms when we got 2 queen beds instead of 1 king. What's so hard about getting a king bed and a bathtub?!
The rooms are big, quiet and well equipped. The bed is comfortable, however, when we had the A/C on, it blew right on our faces. I got up and put the desk chair in the path of the air and that helped. We needed the A/C because the comforter/cover is so heavy! There's no way to get just sheet or a blanket...you have to have either just a sheet or the heavy comforter.
The sink area was big enough, but we could've used more towels and some HOOKS by the sink.
Buffet had lots of selections, but the scrambled eggs were strange-tasting little pellets that were unappetizing. Coffee was way too strong! I think I'm going to start picking my hotels based on if they have drinkable coffee...LOL! NO STARBUCKS or imitators!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear ilive4sun,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and share feedback regarding your stay - I'd like to apologize for the issues you ran into with your room and AC unit and I'll pass your review on to our General Manager for discussion with our team. If you'd like to speak about any of it further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I'm glad you found us clean and enjoyed your visit overall. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here with my wife in May 2013. Our stay was only one night because we were just transiting through town on our way to SC . We arrived late, but checkin was very quick. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was included. It was a typical continental breakfast, but they did have some hot items. The hotel seemed pretty crowded, but they did a pretty good job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked. Checkout was also very quick. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BizTraveler81,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites. I'm very glad to hear that you had a great stay and that our service was efficient even though it was busy! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Durham. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This seems to be a newer Hampton. It's in a quiet, conveniently-located area. Across the small street is Wells Fargo Bank and Tripp Restaurant. Down a little ways is a shopping mall. I'm not a shopper so I didn't check that out ... can't tell you what kind of stores were there. I like the Hamptons because they serve hot breakfast in the mornings, which is so convenient. It's the usual Hampton fare but it's good. The room was nice, the personnel were great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear KalihiKid65,

Thanks for writing a review of your recent stay; we are indeed a fairly new property! I'm glad to hear that our location was convenient for your needs and that you liked our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I need to stay in Durham for about a week at a time. The Hampton Inn is a great home base. The rooms are well appointed for a business travelers (lots of easy to access plugs for your equipment). Breakfast is plentiful, if not particularly savory. No need for a restaurant at the hotel since Durham has many places to eaty

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 4, 2013

As we have come to expect at Hampton Inns, we enjoyed a wonderful night of restful sleep at this location. We stayed one night and were pleased with everything. The fitness room was well-equipped and all machines were operational. Breakfast was the usual and sufficient. Service was great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear memphisnative,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay; I'm very glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations for Hampton! We appreciate feedback regarding all of our amenities and are happy that you found everything in our fitness room to be in working order and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again and we hope it's not too long until your next visit!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Having been a road warrior for 8+ years, I have stayed at a lot of Marriott and Hilton properties.. quite a few. I gotta say, I REALLY like this property. It looks new and the customer service was really good. The best part, however - for me, was the room. I very much enjoyed the decor and the desk/work-space in the room. The room was clean and very comfortable overall. Will definitely be coming back here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear TheOldWarrior,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel, I'm delighted to hear that you found your guest room to be so well-furnished! I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of our team. It's also great that you found our guest service to be so helpful. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!