“A great Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Durham
Birmingham, Alabama
“A great Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at this Hampton Inn. This is a newer hotel and it shows.

I stayed in a King suite and the room was large and was unique from any other hotel I've seen. There was a desk in the middle of the room with the TV mounted above the desk. Very unique and functional.

The breakfast in the morning was good- standard Hampton fare. The breakfast area is large, which is nice.

Internet worked well.

Staff was very nice.

I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Seagrove, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton in Durham this past weekend during a baseball showcase at Duke and this was the best Hampton we have stayed in so far. We have stayed in alot from NC to SC and this had the cleanest rooms, with a refreshing smell when you came in. The staff was great and the breakfast was great also. Very pleased with the whole experience!!! I would recommend to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
outer banks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here twice while my son was getting chemo from duke. Comfortable rooms, hotel staff very helpful, and breakfast was satisfying. They provide transportation 24/7 to the hospital which was a major plus since some nights I didn't get in until after midnight. There is a nice mall across the street.

1 Thank jtlassiter
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. We ended up in an accessible room, and it was spacious. The whole facility was very clean, and breakfast was a nice free addition. The halls were a little noisy at night, but I blame the other guests.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here overnight while in Durham. Check in was prompt & courteous. When I asked the desk staff for directions to a facility on the Duke University Campus, they went online & found directions for me even though they personally did not know where the facility was. The room measured up to the usual high Hampton Inn standards. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast selection was very good; the staff person in charge kept it well stocked. There was ample seating for everyone in the area. Check out was efficient also. There was free Wifi but I was not there long enough to use it. There is also a pool and an exercise room; however, since my stay was so short, I did not have the chance to check these out, so I cannot comment on them. Based on my (less than 24 hours) short stay, I would not hesistate to stay in this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was curious to see what was so special about this place that it had received 5 circles on tripadvisor. It was very nice, clean big rooms, nice modern bathrooms. The desk was very helpful and kind. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast since we left at 4am to try to avoid Sandy but they gave us a 'to go' breakfast bag.
The hotel was a high rise at the intersection of several busy roads, highways. Ample and safe parking. It is close to Duke but not walking distance. There was a large mall just across the street with a movie theatre and a spa and soul food buffet.
A nice place to stay on your way to somewhere else. Certainly not a destination in itself but I would stay here again if I was visiting the area.

• 3 of 5 stars
Clackamas, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice stop on my way from Charlotte to DC. Convenient, just off the freeway. Clean & quiet room. Relaxing stop after driving. Did not eat the breakfast, as I left before it started. Restaurant just across the street - enjoyed a salad & soup.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo