“Wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Grifton, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very clean and new. The bathroom was the best hotel bathroom I have ever been in.Really enjoyed staying here and the staff was great. I actually left all of our hanging clothes in the room closet. I thought I would never see them again. The staff made sure I got all my items back and was very kind and understanding about it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Our staff is really working hard to keep this place very clean on daily basis.Your comments are very rewarding for their hard work.I am glad to hear that you have received your cloths back.We are here to serve you !Looking forward to see you again in near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
NC
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a new 2012 Hampton Inn. Everything was perfect and the staff was very professional and friendly. There is a Tripps restaurant across the driveway. You will need to drive to any other restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review! Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us.Looking forward to serve you in near future.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very new and the rooms were quite spacious for a family of five. Two queen beds were separated by a desk with a TV from a living area with a pullout sofa. Having sink separate from the shower was great for getting ready while someone was showering. Kids liked the pool. Breakfast was just okay and monotonous for more than one night. Staff was friendly. Only complaint is how difficult it is to access hotel from highway. Address is on Gregson but you can't turn in from Gregson. You have to go across three lanes to Club and then head back to the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jrgray
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the spacious room and it really worked out for your family of five!It sounds like you had Two Queen/Studio Suite. We will monitor our breakfast area and try to improve! I am sorry to hear that you had bit inconvenience to get to our property from I85. For future reference take exit 176 from I85 and make a left at first stop light(Gregson St.) and we are on the left. We thank you for choosing your stay with us and looking forward to serve you in near future!
Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel makes you want to stay another night and then another night,etc.! The hospitality is wonderful! Yes, I understand they are a business and want to make money, but they really went the extra mile for us! We were in town for a funeral and Alex went the extra mile to ensure we received the accurate information and care, room and southern hospitality! Alex expressed his concern and condolences several times. Reservations by phone: wonderful! Check-in: wonderful! (even on a busy Friday night) Breakfast: delicious, wide variety of items and a wonderful lady came around to check on us and fill up our juice cups. (Never experienced that in a hotel breakfast area). Beautiful and comfortable rooms and restrooms!! When you stop by please tell Alex his friends from VA said HELLO!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wow!!! Thank you so much for your excellent review! Your comment is really rewarding for our staff here.Glad to hear that you really enjoyed the service and hospitality! I will share your comments with Alex and the rest of the team members here.See you in near future!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautifully decorated room, with outstanding bed & bath. Nice, small indoor pool, with sun deck adjacent to it. New & high quality equipment in fitness room. Very good breakfast & evening cookies. Easy to access location. No restarant, but a good Tripps Restaurant right across the road. (Ask the front desk for a shrimp appetizer coupon - which was delicious.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that you really like the decoration of our rooms here as well the rest of the amenities.We will be keeping our breakfast menu enjoyable to you and of course the cookies.Looking forward to see you in near future!
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a new Hampton Inn. It is clean and has a lovely dining area for breakfast. This is the only Hampton conveniently located close to Duke University and the Medical Center. All the bells and whistles are appreciated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad to hear that you have really enjoyed your stay with us and it was convenient to Duke Medical/Duke University.Looking forward to serve you in near future. Thanks, John
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay and so close to Duke. You can walk to east campus. Very nice rooms and good service. I would love to spend another night here. (By the way, there is a mall right by the hotel. It was very convenient!)

• Stayed July 2012
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad to hear that you really enjoyed our property,staff, location and service here.We will share your comments to our staff here.Looking forward to serve you in near future. Thanks.