“Brand Spankin New”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was on my painfully long journey home. Its right off the highway and was perfect for a quick nights rest. Staff was friendly enough but seemed a little off their game when checking me in and out. Bonus is that Tripps is less than a block away with great food and drinks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan S
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thanks for the insights! We continually coach and mentor our staff to achieve excellence. We are grateful that Tripps is right there. It is almost like we have a restaurant in house. Come again!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stopped at this Hampton Inn for one night on my way south. The room was very welcoming and clean. I love the Hampton Inn beds and since I was very tired from a long day on the road, I settled right in as soon as I arrived. The bathroom was great (except that no hotel bathrooms have good lighting for women), with a huge shower and a shower head that was actually taller than I am. The TV was better than a most I have had recently in hotels and it was easy to use. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn variety. I really like the fact that they have oatmeal. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping to the woman working the breakfast room were friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnaSoo
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We needed to find a nice place to stay in Durham, close to the Durham Performing Arts Center. Really wanted something nice, clean, safe, and comfortable. Well guess what!? We found it at the Hampton Inn & Suites!
The new hotel was beautiful! Very clean and nicely appointed with an indoor pool and fitness center. The room was very clean, and the best ac I have ever experienced! Absolutely no noise from outside or other rooms. Loved the shower! Who really uses tubs anymore? The breakfast was great, especially the waffles.
Service was awesome! Everyone was helpful and very friendly.
Will definitely stay here the next time I come to Durham!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexusjockey
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in Durham visiting Mrs. Red Sox Nation's aunt and uncle and chose this hotel because it was halfway between thier house and Bullocks. I think we were the first people to sleep in the room. Very nice and a very comfortable bed. Staff was very nice on check in and check out, breakfast was the acceptable standard Hampton Inn fare. There is a pretty good restaurant across the parking lot, we received a free desert complements of the hotel.

It offers easy access to I85 andto Duke.

This will be our choice when we are in Durham visting relatives

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RedSoxNation1
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thanks for feedback. We are very fortunate as far as location. Right off the interstate, minutes from Downtown and Duke University, great restaurants close by, etc. We are glad we could satisfy your needs and wants.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We were only here one night, but really enjoyed our stay. Our suite was spacious and the sofabed was comfortable for the fifth person traveling with us. The facilities were in great condition and the kids enjoyed the pool. The only real negative is that your dining options are limited as there aren't many restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business and was pleasantly surprised with the staff and the room. The room was immaculate and everything was perfect. I will definetly stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thanks a lot for the compliments. We take pride in the quality of our staff as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. All the credit to them. We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was looking for a nice place to stay while visiting my son at college in Chapel Hill NC. Thankfully, I found this hotel through AAA the rate was great rate and I was so pleased with my stay. I had a king suite which was perfect for my son who decided to sleep over. The room was quite large and sectioned off so if someone wanted to stay up late they could without disturbing others. There was a nice flat screen TV that you could swivel in different directions.The mall is within walking distance and there is actually a cross walk which makes it safe to cross the intersection. There is a restaurant in the same circle as the hotel and it was open quite late. The staff was quite friendly and nice! The hotel is only a few months old so everything is practically new. Parking does become scarce later in the evening but there is additional parking. The only negative thing was the breakfast the selection was lacking taste and there was not enough variety. We ended up stopping at an I Hop on the way back home.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you were able to enjoy your time. Hampton Inn did a great job with the new rooms layouts. Classy, spacious, and functional. Thanks for the insights about breakfast. We will take note of your comments to improve what we offer to our guests. We hope to see you again.